X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is RebiDose approved in the US

Hi!

Is RebiDose approved in the States?

I was just prescribed Rebif and I'm looking for your experience, good or bad on the medication.

How do you like the regular autoinjector?

Thanks!
    First episode with third pregnancy
    On my fourth med: Tysabri since Jan 2013
    Proud mommy of three children

Does anyone have any information on this?

Thanks!

Comment

RebiDose

According to the manufacturer's website, the RebiDose device has only been approved in the EU (European Union) and Australia. It says it is a single use, pre-filled pen for the self-administration of Rebif. Perhaps some of our members from the EU or Australia have some experience with this and will respond to your posting.

I have been taking Rebif for 6 years and use the Rebiject device exclusively. It seems to work just fine for me. I like the fact that I do not have to see the needle go into my skin. It would be nice if it did not make that little noise but I can live with it.

Rebif is working well for me. I have not had any relapses since my diagnosis and have had no changes in my MRI for several years. I would call that a success. I am fortunate in that I have very minimal side effects with Rebif.

I hope this was of some help.

Comment

Thanks!

Hi jessiesmom:

Thanks for your response. My doctor here in Germany gave some information about it and a prescription for it, but I couldn't find whether it is approved in the States. I ask because my insurance company is in the States and I'm wondering if they will cover it. I'm trying to do the pre-authorization, but they are taking their sweet time with it.

The Copaxone autojector I used made the same noise.

Be well.

Comment

RebiSmart

Ended up using RebiSmart! It is an autojector that is like a computer. You load the machine with the medicine and only have to place the needle in the machine. It tells you step by step what to do and where to inject (it keeps track of your injection sites and rotation).

I like it so far. I hope the FDA approves it in the States.

Comment

Working...
          X