Pump users...had my first dye test today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pump users...had my first dye test today

And thankfully everything is working fine. I've had a tough 6 weeks with my spasticity. At first I thought it was just repeated UTIs, because it would clear after each one was over, but then it kept worsening...getting back to pre pump levels,

I had no other signs of baclofen withdrawal, plus I take oral back anyway for upper body spasticity, so I wasn't worried about that. but I had the dose upped a couple times (not big increases because we thought it might be the UTIs) and still no improvement, so pump doc had me have urologist check for a kidney or bladder stone first. Who knew, they can evidently really mess with your spasticity. and then once that was ruled out they set me up for a dye test.

It was easy, done in radiology at the hospital. They use a side port to inject a contrast then watch it on a fluoroscope as it makes it's way through the pump and catheter. All okay, so I guess my spasticity has just decided to kick it up a gear...and I'm going to go in for some higher percentage upping next week.

Weird how it was stable for so long and then decided to quit responding. maybe I've reached a tolerance for the dose I was on. They did mention my pump was moving around quite a bit, and I've noticed that too...for now I've decided to wear my binder during the day to keep it stabilized.

Well thought I'd report in case any one ever has to have one...they're easy.

Hi RDMC

I am glad the dye test went well for you. I have had it done twice over the years. I actually got to see while the dye went through on the fleuroscope. Because bones, ect, don't show up, the catheter looks like a pile of spaghetti..LOL

I have had periods where I also have taken oral Baclofen to add to the pump benefits.

I wish you the best

Take Care, Bob

Comment

Hi rdmc,

Thanks for the information - so the dye test is to check all is working properly ?

I've wondered if our bodies develop any type of tolerance to the baclofen over time - where the dose needs to be increased ? I planned to ask at my next refill.

Seems odd that after your UTI clears up you get better before it re-surfaces.

I guess the good news is they can easily up and lower as needed till you get the right new level.

Keep me posted - and again thats for posting.

Comment

Working...
      X