Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avonex training

Hi all.
    I finally had my Avonex training this afternoon. It went smoother than I expected. When I had Copaxone training it was with the autoject. Injecting myself today was fine. The nurses were great and were very patient. And you all who shared tips helped tremendously. I'm just trying to continue to hydrate. The nurses said I may not get the flu like symptoms at first because I'm titrating. I'm glad I got through it.
    "Irrespective of what happened yesterday or last year, and what may or may not happen tomorrow, the present moment is where you are-always!"
    Richard Carlson, PH.D.

Glad to hear that all went well. My first injection was way easier than I thought also. Just remember to hydrate and let your body rest.

Comment

My biggest incentive to hydrate well is the fact that the needle slips in, pain free, if I've drinken enough fluids. Works great to remind me to drink LOTS! lol

Congratulations on doing your 1st shot successfully, that always feels like quite the milestone.

Comment

Congratulations. I took the full dose my first time - much better to titrate.

Comment

And it's great to think that the next shot I have to take is next week not everyday like Copaxone. I know I can get used to that
          "Irrespective of what happened yesterday or last year, and what may or may not happen tomorrow, the present moment is where you are-always!"
          Richard Carlson, PH.D.

Comment

checking in

Apple,

How did you feel the next day? Did you have any of the side effects?

Hoping you're doing well. I start this weekend. Nervous.

Comment

Hi MomtoMiracle,

My body felt a little achy and I was a bit out of sorts. But I recovered fast.

Hope your injection goes well. Take good care.
              Richard Carlson, PH.D.

Comment

MomToMiracle

Praying for you, that your injection goes smoothly!
                Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
                UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

Working...
                X