No announcement yet.

Stopped Avonex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have struggled with Anxiety and Depression over the years. Especially in my first year after diagnosis, I had anxiety about the future, about which drug i was on, will I become helpless, will I be able to work, is my doctor any good, will the medicine give me cancer, etc, etc, etc

Anxiety is something that's actually independent of what's going on. It only *feels* like it's caused by our condition or circumstances.

I recommend the following book:

http://www.amazon.com/Its-Not-All-Yo...l+in+your+head

Comment

Michele -

I went to my pcp today, as I can't get in to see my new neuro until October. She is having me try paxil to see if it helps with my anxiety and bad mood swings. I tried zoloft about a month or so ago, and it made me sick. I am hoping that this will help. In the meantime, I am going to get back on my avonex until I can get a better hold of all this and see the neuro. Oh me... I sure don't want to though! Good luck!

Comment

Saw the pychiatrist, he put me on low dose of Lamectal to stablize my mood and we are tapering off the Effexor. I will not be able to take any MS meds until after my next appointment July 27th. That will be almost 3 months without MS meds. I don't want to flip to another DMD until I know for sure that I can not take Avonex. So..here's to trial and error.

Comment

I'm glad it looks like things are about to improve...I think MS can influence the emotional pathways of the brain too so that's always a consideration. Are you going to try Avonex with the anxiety meds? I hope you find the right medications for you, good luck.

Comment

I am feeling more stable. He wants me to be at a full dose of Lamectal before I start Avonex. He will probably add sometype of anti-depressant. I am anxious to restart the Avonex, but know I have to go through some steps to get there. Thank you all for your support!! It is all truly appreciated!!

Comment

Working...
            X