Avonex & aggression?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avonex & aggression?

I saw aggression listed as one of the potential psychological side effects. Has anyone else on Avonex had this problem?

I've been taking Avonex for 4 months now and the flu-like side effects have been mild. Have not had depression, thank God.

On the other hand, I want to punch people in the face but only when they say stupid things to/in front of me.

Not sure if Avonex or stupid people...
    Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
    UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

I was aggressive before Avonex, and I'm arguably a little less aggressive now.

If you want to punch people in the face, that's just normal. If you actually do it, then maybe you could look at it as a side effect of Avonex. And then before you're taken into custody, you can flee to the U.S. and punch a few people here as well, making the most of that side effect.

Thankfully you have managed well with the medicine and that scenario will never come about.

Comment

Me!

Yes, i believe agression is a sx of the Avonex. My dr just took me off of it bc I really wanted to cuss people out, got frustrated way too easily, and just weird.

I ahve only been off one week and I can feel a little difference in my attitude and emotions. Iam not so tightly woundup.

Now, I dont know if its solely the avonex, but I can feel a difference for me.

Comment

Avonex and Aggression

I was on Avonex for 4 months, didn't have the mild flu like side effects. I have behavior ones. My husband noticed that I was becoming more aggressive, impatient, edgy. Just a realluy bad attitude. I have a 5yo and all these symptoms scared me. I basically went crazy. Lots of highs and lows. My neurologist immediately told me to stop taking the med. Felt great, energetic for two days, now I am down, small headache, nausea, fatigue..just feel bad. Now I have to decide what med to use next.

Comment

I am having it too. Hang in there. We will find something that works for us.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyDrifter View Post
            I am having it too. Hang in there. We will find something that works for us.
            We sure will

Comment

I have been on Avonex for 14 months now and I do have anxiety and depression. However, I had that before I started this med.

We did some minor tweaking of my anti-depressant and I am doing great now. I take 20 mg of Lexapro and I have a script for Xanax as needed.

As long as I keep on Lexapro and in moments where my anxiety does get high, I just take half a xanax and I am good.

Comment

Legally speaking, yes indeed, that is a side effect! And there's your pain and suffering. Have a look at Better Call Saul on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracelyn View Post
                  I have been on Avonex for 14 months now and I do have anxiety and depression. However, I had that before I started this med.

We did some minor tweaking of my anti-depressant and I am doing great now. I take 20 mg of Lexapro and I have a script for Xanax as needed.

As long as I keep on Lexapro and in moments where my anxiety does get high, I just take half a xanax and I am good.

There is evidence that the Anxiety and Depression (they are often connected) are caused by MS. I lived with both and never understood that normal people didn't think so much and suffer so much.

i've been able to treat mine with meditation and lots of exercise but I do keep the xanax to hand and would not hesitate to go back on antidepressants if I needed to.

Comment

Working...
                  X