Moving whoops!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving whoops!

Despite my plans, I left my rebif in the fridge during the crazy exit from our old house. Drove from there to our new house, in Raleigh before realizing it.

Thankfully, my dad went to our house and got it for me but now I have to ship it from there to here. (ky to nc). Where in the world do I get a cooler pack that size and will fedex allow me to over night without giving me a hard time?

Feel like a doofus but whats a girl to do.

Not sure if you can do this in the US but if your rx was filled at a chain drug store, with stores in both states, maybe your dad could return the unused portion to your pharmacy in ky and they can arrange for you to pick the same amount of syringes at your new pharmacy in nc.

I used to be on Rebif, the manufacturer makes a travel cooler pack, with its own ice pack thingy if you need to have it shipped.

Good luck,
    Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Have him get a small cooler and put an ice pack in it and box it up and have him send next day air, ups or fed ex won;t even ask whats in it. have him list food. No problem as long as it is not hazerdous material like spray paint or othe combustable materials.
      Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Thanks everyone. I called my neuro's office and they have the little coolers that the drug reps use and leave with them. Think that might be my best bet.

Comment

Some other ideas:

Maybe get your dad to hold on to it and get Rebif to send you out some new ones. That takes the time pressure off.

Also, one detail: the medicine should not touch the ice. It's important to put a layer of cardboard between the ice and the shots.

And don't freak out if you miss a shot.

Comment

Also don't panic about it being unrefrigerated for too long. Rebif can remain out of the fridge for up to 30 days if necessary - it's not recommended but it won't spoil the medication. As long as it can be kept cool for shipping it shouldn't be a big problem!
            Julie
            DX 11/9/11
            Rebif Therapy 12/13/11

Comment

Working...
            X