LDN and PPMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDN and PPMS

Is there any info or link to research on LDN and PPMS?
    Lord put your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. Amen

First, let me say that I am not a doctor.
    I don't believe there are any studies on this because LDN is actually a compounded form of Naltrexone, a drug that is FDA approved for the treatment of opiate overdose. Naltrexone is an endorphin modulator. It helps the brain to achieve a balancing act.
    It was brought to public attention by a Dr. Bernard Bihari in NYC who discovered its use through his private practice. He has since died.
    The difference in its use for heroin overdose and MS is the dosage. When used to treat heroin overdose it is used at 50 mgs. The dose I take is 4.5 mgs daily.
    Your regular PCP will probably not know what it is. My cardiologist thought I was taking it for pain, which isn't too far off. My PCP did not know about this, so I found a 'integrative' doctor (MD) and he regularly prescribes this drug.

Comment

Yes.

A pilot trial of low-dose naltrexone in primary progressive multiple sclerosis.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18728058

And you may want to watch this...a woman taking LDN for PPMS.

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**

Comment

Working...
      X