bladder Botox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bladder Botox

On 3-9-12 I went to have the bladder botox due to frequency,urgency,and getting up at night to urinate. I did not improve on the medications for Overactive bladder Syndrome.

I was suprised that it was done under general anesthesia. It was supposed to be a a short stay and after I was able to urinate on my own be discharged. The procedure was at 7:15 am,I returned to the RR at 9:30 am. I could not pee by 11am. The urologist thought I would just need 1 cath and after that I was released. By 3 pm I still was able to only pass small amounts of blood and clots and was in retention with severe pain and needed to go to his office and a foley catheter was placed in and he got 1400 cc of blood and clots out. I went home and had the catheter in for 3 days and it was removed Monday. Over the weekend I had to irrigate the catheter frequently to keep it from clotting. Since then there has been much burning and the symptoms so far are worse than before the procedure. Today I feel slightly better and hope I will start seeing some improvement with the botox.

I will keep you all abreast of any changes.

Oh my gosh, this is terrible for you! I considered that procedure a few years ago and things settled enough for me to cope.

Have you heard of fpilates? I think that's what it's called..I was at a workshop for it a couple of weeks ago and essentially it's Pilates specifically for the pelvic floor, to help women with bladder issues. It was quite interesting what I learned about how to work on training my pelvic floor to treat frequency and also hesitancy.

Anyway, hope your doing better.

Comment

I am sorry to hear of your bad experience. I found your post when I did a search for "bladder botox" because I have an appt coming up for the very same thing.
      Thanks to your honest report, I will cancel. I was interested in this only to get off bladder meds due to severe dry mouth.

I hope everything will work out for you soon!

Comment

Originally posted by 04blackcobra View Post
        On 3-9-12 I went to have the bladder botox due to frequency,urgency,and getting up at night to urinate. I did not improve on the medications for Overactive bladder Syndrome.

I was suprised that it was done under general anesthesia. It was supposed to be a a short stay and after I was able to urinate on my own be discharged. The procedure was at 7:15 am,I returned to the RR at 9:30 am. I could not pee by 11am. The urologist thought I would just need 1 cath and after that I was released. By 3 pm I still was able to only pass small amounts of blood and clots and was in retention with severe pain and needed to go to his office and a foley catheter was placed in and he got 1400 cc of blood and clots out. I went home and had the catheter in for 3 days and it was removed Monday. Over the weekend I had to irrigate the catheter frequently to keep it from clotting. Since then there has been much burning and the symptoms so far are worse than before the procedure. Today I feel slightly better and hope I will start seeing some improvement with the botox.

I will keep you all abreast of any changes.
        How are you? I read this post the other day and wanted to respond, but never got around to it. That sounds horrendous. What type of doctor did the procedure?

I have had some bladder surgery myself (not botox) and never experienced anything near what you did post botox. I've had to have a foley afterwards till swelling went down, but never any blood, much less the amount you had. Did the surgeon give you an explanation?

Hope you're doing better.

Comment

thanks for the kind thoughts. I was away for a few days. It was a urologist that had performed this procedure and had done so before. I did not post it to scare anyone away from having it performed. I believe my reaction may have been unique. it is now about 3 weeks and I may feel a slight improvement in frequency of going but the hesitancy and burning still remain as does getting up twice a night. I am not sure if I will have it again but if I do I will try a different doctor.

Comment

sorry to hear of your troubles. I go in every 6 months for Botox. It works great for me but I do have to cath. for me it is no big deal. It has been a quality of life issue for me. No more rushing to the bathroom I can be whenever I want to you and I know my bladder is empty. I went through one month of hell learning how to cath. now I have almost no problem the only problem I have is when I get hot then I can tell things. I wish you the best. Make sure you find a good urologist. Mine did the research for MS and Botox for the bladder.

Comment

Working...
            X