3rd week of Avonex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd week of Avonex

Hi, tomorrow will be my 3rd shot of Avonex. I do everything recommended, Thanks to all for the suggestions
    ! I have really not had any flu like symptoms, body aches, just LOTS of fatigue. I spend Sat and most of Sunday in bed. I am hoping this will go away. I would like to participate in life. We are also planning a vacation. I don't want to go if i am laid up in bed for 2 days. Anymore suggestions?? I am desperate. Thank you.

Hello!

What time are you injecting? According to the information pamphlet that I got from MS Alliance, some people do better at different times of the day (also mentioned on the manufacturer's website).

Are your doses being titrated or are you going the full dose?

You should also let your neuro know - he/she may not keep you on the full dose if the side effects are that bad.
    Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
    UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

You could ask your neuro to try 10 mg. prednisone on shot day, taken about 6 hours prior to your injection it can greatly reduce side effects. Many do this for a few months until your body gets more accustomed to the medication.

Comment

I have been on Avonex for 5 months now and the awful fatigue and flu like symptoms do lessen over time. I have found that one week I will feel pretty yucky for the day of my shot and the day after, then the next week I will feel just fine after my shot. I think it really has to do with making sure you are hydrated and get plenty of rest, but I think your body will get used to it eventually.

Honestly, my shot day is my day to myself (to lay around and watch t.v.) and my husband has charge of the kids! Hang in there, you are not alone

Comment

Working...
        X