Restarting Rebif after 5 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restarting Rebif after 5 weeks

I lost my funding for my Rebif and MS Lifelines really dropped the ball, so I ended up getting funding from someplace else, so now I've been off Rebif for 5 weeks and my neuro said to start back at full dose. I've read many posts where they have you squirt some out, so I squirted about a third out the first time and side effects were bad so my next one I shot out half but it gave me a pretty high fever, what I call high at 102 first day and 101 the second, Any suggestions or do as neuro said, I want to try for a 3/4 amount this Friday. Any one have any words of advice or have been through this. Thanks for any help

Taking a break from Rebif

I am absolutely shocked that your neuro told you to restart Rebif at the 44 mcg dose after being off the drug for 5 weeks. My wonderful Rebif nurse told me that there is no Rebif left in the system after 30 days and a person would need to titrate up from the 8 mcg dose after taking a break (whatever the reason may be). This came up because I took a Rebif sabbatical when I was being treated for another major health issue and then had to figure out how to restart Rebif.

Please consider discussing this with a nurse at MS Lifelines or your neurologist. I would think the side effects are going to be major if you do not titrate up the dosage.

Good luck. Let us know how you decide to handle this.

Comment

I have had to stop my Rebif twice for that long due to some health problems. My neurologist told me to start at full dose. I did it but I took tylenol before. They first couple shots I felt some side affects but I just worked through them. After the 3rd one I didn't have any problems.
      They Rebif company nurse told me that lots of people go off for varying reasons and go back at full dose. But if its really more than you can handle you need to tell your dr and let him order you the smaller dose to titrate. Thats way more effective than trying to gauge how much you are shooting down the sink and then injecting. Hope it gets better for you.

Comment

Even when I only missed one week I had to squirt out half the 44mcg syringe for a week before going full dose. It was made very clear to me that I should not try using the full syringe even though it had only been a week. After 5 weeks I would think you would really need to start out at 8mcg again.

Comment

Working...
        X