Unsure what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unsure what to do

So this shows up as my first ever post cos I forgot my old name and password and changed my email address but I wasn't terribly active - just mainly lurking.

I was diagnosed about 2 or 3 years ago and have been taking rebif most of this time. My last MRI showed a couple of small extra lesions (it was awhile ago though) so the neuro was pretty happy and sent me on my way. Unfortunately I started getting a serious issue with anxiety about 6 months ago. Maybe my cognitive degeneration coincides with a relapse (that i might o might not have had but i was under massive stress for a few weeks) that started off the anxiety or maybe it's the increase in Lovan to deal with it or I've also been told that rebif can have some cumulative side effects on the brain - but I've got a really serious case of brain fog with some extra fatigue as a bonus.

I've got a visit to neuro coming up and I really don't know what to do. I honestly don't feel that the rebif has done a lot since most of my symptoms have (albeit very slowly) continued to get worse and there's been no obvious flares - just subtle deterioration.... I feel like coming off and seeing what happens - how long does it take to wear off? Thoughts anybody?

Hello Aussiegirl,

If you noticed a change once the Lovan was increased then you could be dealing with medication induced problems, at least it would be worth looking into.

I had not heard of of Lovan and it took some research on my part to figure it out. The generic is known as Fluoxetine and in the U.S. many know it as Prozac. This medication can help with anxiety but anxiety is also a side effect.

Unfortunately, you may need to go off of or lower the dosage of Lovan to know if it is causing the problem Please discuss this issue with your prescribing doctor.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
    X