My NMO/Devics Friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My NMO/Devics Friends

I have been on rituxan since August( 2 treatments) and due To Multiple flairs of my ON, lots of steroids. Since Id say thanksgiving Ive been on IV Solu Medrol 2x and once with a medrol dose pack alone to avoid the IV for a time.

Two days after completing the pred taper after my last IV solu med I Had a severe attack starting with my good eye that than hit my bad eye. There on my bed, unable to see... not able to comprehend this was happening... off to the hospital I went. 5 day stay.. oh joy.

I Got out of the hospital 2 days ago. I have limited left sided mobility, but I can get around. My good eye is slowly returning but still have alot of distortion. Im on diamox for the pressure sensation . My bad eye hasnt been functional for years now. Im on the medrol dose taper now rather than pred because the pred rips me to shreds and in the last 6 weeks Ive been on a ridiculous amount of steroids. My knees and hips are affected and I need PT now to deal with the lovely effects of the steroids on my joints .

At this point, my neuros are at odds with one another. One thinks go to a different immune suppressant and the other wants to continue to give Rituxan a chance. My CD 19/20 level is at zero. So my one neuro said.. its doing what it should , but not proving any benefit. My other thinks give it more of a chance. I think I dont want to go blind waiting to see ! Ok if thats not a loaded statement... go blind waiting to see!

Can you please share with me what meds you are on to treat your NMO? CellCept, Imuran, Azathioprine? And how your response has been .... thank you ..donna
    Only in the darkest night can you see the stars

Hi Donna:
    I'm so sorry to hear about your relapse! But I'll cut right to the chase.

An MS board is not the proper venue to be asking about NMO treatments. Please go quickly to the website of the Guthy-Jackson Charitable Foundation and ask the members of the Spectrum community there to guide you with scientific references and their own experience. The link to Spectrum is:
    http://spectrum.guthyjacksonfoundation.org/

You didn't say what treatment you had while in the hospital for 5 days, but it wasn't plasmapheresis, you should ask your neurologist about plasmapheresis IMMEDIATELY.

So, please call your doctor and then go to the Guthy-Jackson website. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Comment

Hi Red... thanks for the response. I do go onto the G-J site , read up stuff on there alot. Ive spoken with my neuro extensively.
      We are going to look into plasmapheresis / IVIG as well as a new type of immune suppressant.

I know this is an MS Board , but there are people on it, like you and I, that are diagnosed with NMO or within that spectrum so this is also another resource to get info from. Im gonna get info where ever I can! I also find this site easier to navigate than The G-J one. But I do go on both... thanks for the well wishes... and I received IV solu medrol and diamox while in the hosp x 5 days... but the steroids dont seem to help anymore.... thanks.. Donna
      Only in the darkest night can you see the stars

Comment

Working...
      X