Rebif injection site reactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebif injection site reactions

I've been injecting Rebif since July with no problems until about a month ago. I'm single, so I do all the injections myself and only have my stomach and thighs to choose from. I alternate and it's been working well.

Then about a month ago one of the injection sites in my stomach got very sore, turned red then purple then swollen. It was really gross and I was almost ready to go see the doctor when it began healing.

I left my stomach alone for a few weeks but did another injection on my stomach a few days ago (not the exact same spot) and now that one is feeling sore and red and a little swollen.

Has anyone else had any trouble with injections in the belly? My thighs handle it very well but I find it less painful in the stomach. I just don't know why all of a sudden this is happening???

Maybe you can twist yourself enough so that you can add the buttocks or hip/butt area. Depending on how much "fluff" you have. I was able to inject myself there so it gave my other areas an extra few days between shots. When it comes to your stomach (again depending on fluff) there are 3 areas per side to inject. Lower, mid & upper, the thighs upper & lower also. I'm not sure of the areas they tell you to inject Rebif though , so I may be telling you what you already know?

Comment

I've been on Rebif since last August. I get little pink patches/rashes at the injection sites, which seem to last a couple weeks. They are redder after a shower.

I've had a few times where I've hit a vein, so then I get a good bruise there that lasts quite awhile.

Did your Rebif Injection Nurse show you how to use the back of the chair so that you can do your own arm? You sit down sideways on the chair, then rest the 'chub' of your arm on the back of the chair so that it pushes it up--then you can aim your Auto-inject and do your arm by yourself! I ten to use the inside of my upper arm, rather than try and reach around to the back side.

There's also something called 'the rubber band method'--where you use a rubber band to hold the two parts of the Auto-inject together so then you only need one hand to push the button. I actually do this all the time--in combination with using a chair back--for my arm. Gives me three sites to rotate!

Comment

I am also single and I'm able to inject my arms and my butt ok. I lean my arm chub against the back of the chair and twist to inject. I inject my butt while sitting down and twisting around. It's not the most pleasant thing to do but I figure the more sites I have to inject the better off I am. My site reactions seem to last about three weeks - red and bruised looking.
        Julie
        DX 11/9/11
        Rebif Therapy 12/13/11

Comment

Here's the link to the YouTube Video about how to use the 'Rubber Band Method' so that it's easier to self-inject in hard to reach areas.

The lady in this video uses an Auto-injector for Copaxone, but it's built the same as the Rebif Auto-injector. I've used this method for my arms and it works great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5JNaPUZ9nc

Comment

I have been taking Rebif for years now, and it has happened only once, and it was only like last yr.

It was gross. I don't know what i did differently or why. But hasn't happened since.

Also, I had then what looks like an indent from an injection site. but months later it is better.

I cant inject in my arms hurts too bad, like Iam covered in nerve endings.

But I do use my belly, hips, butt, and sometimes my legs but hate that too. Good luck.

Comment

I've had that once, thought I did something wrong. I did watch that video from the link posted by purple and it does look like the one for Rebif but the one thing I do is to pull the cap off the needle before I load it because when it comes off it always pulls some of the med onto the needle, I always am drawing back as I pull the cap off than push forward to get the med back to the top, I don't get the sting from the med that way

Comment

I've been on Rebif for 11yrs. now. It's kinda hard to find different sites. I'm blessed as I live w/ family & my DD & DDI-L.both are willing to give me shots in my butt.
                Keep us posted God Bless Nona Judy.

Comment

Working...
                X