REBIF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REBIF

Is there anyone out there that is on Rebif, that is having trouble sleeping at night because of Rebif.

I take my injection during the day and I still have trouble sleeping at night even if I take something for sleep.

I would like to hear from all the Rebif user that is having this problem. I have just been on Rebif for a week. Does it get better?

Oasis

I have been on Rebif about 5 months, and I found especially in the first three months, I had trouble with sleep, even on nights I had worked the night befroe and hadn't slept that day. I would take 25-50mg benadryl before going to bed, and that seems to help me. I can't advise you to take any medication without talking with your doctor first, but yes, I had significant trouble sleeping the first few months!

Good luck to you, I hope things improve!

Kim

Comment

Hmmmm, I've had the opposite experience with REBIF. In fact the only side effect that I've noticed is that it knocks me out like I've taken a sleeping pill.

I have to do my injection just before bedtime, and I can feel the sleepiness moving in! I usually sleep like a rock then during the night.

Hope your system will even out and you'll be able to get some good sleep too.

Comment

PurpleMN, don't get me wrong, I suffered some intense fatigue and exhaustion while adjusting to the Rebif; i would have days where I would be awake only 2 hours then have to go back to bed and sleep another two just to function (and MS fatigue was NOT a symptom for me prior to starting Rebif). It was just that on injection nights, even when I had been awake working all the night before and slept only two hours that day before nighttime, I would find myself awake in the middle of the night, unable to return to sleep, with no apparent reason.

Not so much now.

Thanks,
        Kim

Comment

Maybe take it at night?

I also take over the counter sleep aid sometimes. Ativan for my mind has a tendency not to settle down.

celexa for depression, also makes me tired. And a restless leg syndrome med, also can cause tiredness.

So Rebif and four meds with sleep aids basically. I try not to use the sleep pill unless several nights of poor sleep.

So with out those, who knows how much I'd be awake.

Good Luck could try melatonin or sleepy time teas etc...too

Comment

I always take my shot just before I climb in bed, I used to take it in the evening but I never noticed it interfereing with my sleep.

Comment

Working...
            X