Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autoinject not absorbing w/ Copaxone?

Hi Copaxone Friends,

Has anyone had a problem with the autoinject for Copaxone not injecting all the way? I thought it was the autoinjector so I ordered a new one, but it's still happening.

About 5 sec. get absorbed. and then it just stops - if I pull it out it squirts all over the place.

I'm wondering if there's too much scar tissue. I rotate my sites, but there are still "lumps" everywhere.

Originally posted by MomtoMiracle View Post
    Has anyone had a problem with the autoinject for Copaxone not injecting all the way? I thought it was the autoinjector so I ordered a new one, but it's still happening.

About 5 sec. get absorbed. and then it just stops - if I pull it out it squirts all over the place.

I'm wondering if there's too much scar tissue. I rotate my sites, but there are still "lumps" everywhere.
    I think that's why my injection training nurse said to slow count to 10 after pushing the button. The plunger stops (is all the way down) within 5 seconds, but you want to hold it there so the Copaxone has time to spread out a little under your skin.

My guess is that if you pull out the needle immediately after the plunger stops the C is just under too much pressure to stay put (and I would half expect that to be worse in 'worn out' areas).
    1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
    NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

auto injector

I was wondering if you have tried different depth settings on the Copaxone auto injector, and also if you try to inject in fatty areas. Also, I know you are supposed to hold a cotton ball on the injection site for a minute after you pull the needle out. I have problems with the injection, but mostly mine are skin reactions - lumps that sometimes take weeks to go away, especially on my arms, and sometimes bruising. I just do my best to find an area clear of prior lumps etc, and hope for the best - I guess this seems better than flu like symptoms that the other medications mention.

Comment

Working...
      X