Nausea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nausea

What do you take for nausea? I just started taking Amitriptyline which gave me my first real night's sleep in 6 months (only 2 hours and then 4 hours, but I actually feel rested - amazing!). But it made me so horribly nauseous. And I have no idea what to take. Any suggestions?
    Diagnosed December 20, 2011
    Avonex: February 10, 2012 - March 16, 2013
    Tysabri: June 28, 2013 - May 23, 2014
    Betaseron: August 15, 2014 - March 10, 2015
    Aubagio: June 18, 2015 - current

So am I the only person who ever gets nauseous?

Comment

I do from time to time; it was pretty intense when I started on Copaxone and now it comes and goes and is much less frequent now that I've been on the drug for a year. I don't take anything for it, personally.

Hopefully someone else has some answers for you!

Comment

I do too but don't take any drugs either, most drugs cause side effects and my my nauseousness is not life altering so I am not looking for a drug. MJ might work or Bonine or any of those not very pleasant sea sickness drugs.

Comment

I use marijuana for nausea. Cures an upset stomach like no other. Its multifunctional for me, as a pain reliever, anti-depressant, and most importantly, it helps with my daily spasms.

Sadly I live in a state (and country) where I am a criminal for medicating.
          Please visit profile for my blog address.

Comment

I've been on Amitriptalyne for 9 years and have never experienced nausea. I used to work full time and found that I had to take the med by 9pm at the latest or I felt "hung over" the next a.m. when I woke up at 5.

Since Gravol makes makes me sleepier than the MS does, I tend to shy away from it but for me, Peppermint tea does settle the stomach quite well. Also, the old-wives tale, ginger-ale, really does work (or ginger "tablets" from the health food store so you don't have to drink a gallon).
            RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
            "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Mom View Post
              Also, the old-wives tale, ginger-ale, really does work (or ginger "tablets" from the health food store so you don't have to drink a gallon).
              Try looking for Ginger Beer.
              It isn't alchoholic and it packs a punch.
              I know Scweppe's used to make it and I've seen local and "store brands" before.
              Also, candied Ginger is pretty good although sometimes weak (if its old) but nothing beats the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob698 View Post
                Try looking for Ginger Beer.
                It isn't alchoholic and it packs a punch.
                I know Scweppe's used to make it and I've seen local and "store brands" before.
                Also, candied Ginger is pretty good although sometimes weak (if its old) but nothing beats the real deal.
                I'm with Bob...Ginger is my remedy. I love Ginger Beer and candied Ginger, but try to avoid sugar...so you can get Ginger in capsule form, or Ginger tea...but I'm hard core, I just suck on a piece of raw Ginger root...it's an acquired taste

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Mom View Post
                  I've been on Amitriptalyne for 9 years and have never experienced nausea. I used to work full time and found that I had to take the med by 9pm at the latest or I felt "hung over" the next a.m. when I woke up at 5.

Since Gravol makes makes me sleepier than the MS does, I tend to shy away from it but for me, Peppermint tea does settle the stomach quite well. Also, the old-wives tale, ginger-ale, really does work (or ginger "tablets" from the health food store so you don't have to drink a gallon).

I do sometimes drink peppermint tea but only because I happen to like it. Never thought about using it for calming my stomach. And I've never tried anything ginger before. I'll have to try something with Ginger in it. Thanks!

Comment

I stumbled across a terrific gingersnaps online store. Search for Susan Snaps. The original and the Aloha (made with coconut) are the best in my opinion. These cookies crunch but then melt in my mouth. I love them! And the story behind the store/products is very moving.

Comment

I deal w nausea on a daily basis. Mine is unrelated to meds that I take. None of the OTC remedies work for me. I take a RX called Zofran that melts under your tongue. Could make you drowsy (doesn't me) but if you're taking at bedtime that may not b a problem for you. Hope u find something here that helps you!
                      Dx 3/4/12. Tec X 2 as of 7/7/13
                      Weebles wobble and occasionally they DO fall down!

Comment

I practically live on Zofran (generic is Ondansetron). Must days I take it several time. It doesn't make me tired (but how would I know...I'm always tired anyway).

Comment

I have been dealing with being nauseous for the past 3 months on Copaxone...usually only when i am in the car..and it is MUCH WORSE when i haven't eaten for a few hours....i have ALWAYS gotten motion sickness in the car but it has definitely intensified......keeping something to snack on and sip on that is not caffeinated has worked..but it is hit and miss...

Comment

Working...
                          X