Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does it seem some time that no meds REALLY work??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it seem some time that no meds REALLY work??

First time post, had MS 14+, and have been blessed to have tried a lot of different meds. Currently taking Amprya, and on my second Baclofen pump, and doing Copaxone. Been one of those days, where it seems like NONE of these seem to work, is it just me???

I've had those days. I don't think we're supposed to "feel" the DMD's working, but I can speak to the pump issues.

I have times where I think my pump must have quit working (actually it did one time and so now I'm keenly atune to increased spasticity.)

One of two things happens, the spasticity seems to linger, and I go in for a pump adjustment...or for some reason the spasticity eases. Sometimes, even with the pump, I think our spasticity increases for whatever reason...I do have extra oral baclofen that I take when that happens.

I don't take many meds, but the symptoms cropping up here and there, and never really having a day where it doesn't seem like I have to deal with something can get me frustrated.

Hope today is a better day.

Comment

i know what you mean about no meds working. I am a walking pharmacy from past and present meds I have been on! I have been on so many treatments for MS alone and wonder if any of them are even meant to work?! I am on my 8th MS therapy now and none of them have been responsive. It seems like it can be a living hell sometimes too when none of them seem to want to work also huh?

Comment

I know what you mean about feeling like no meds working. I am currently on Morphine 3 times a day, Valium 3 times a day, Neurontin twice a day, also take oral baclofen, and soma. I went back to dr. today and they want to change pain med to Nucynta, but have to have a PA for insurance. I feel like a pharmacy and I feel as though I take enough meds to knock out a horse, but sometimes with everything I still get no pain relief!!

I guess these are just one of the great wonders of MS. I just try to keep reminding myself that GOD only picked us strong beings, because weak people couldn't deal with the pain and symptoms we have to go through.

I hope you get some relief!!

~Diagnosed July 2010~ ~Rebif July 2010-June 2011~Copaxone Aug.-Oct 2011~ No more shots for me!!~ I choose quality over quanity!!!

Comment

Working...
        X