Question re:4AP??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question re:4AP??

Hope all of you are getting ready for Christmas...........ok, have been on 4AP for several months now and really have not noticed any difference in my walking......was on Ampyra for brief time but noticed alot of improvements in general mood, motivation, heat tolerance but had what doc thought were side effects............wonder now if what they thought were side effects were just my weak leg coming to life--- what if I stop 4AP and go back to ampyra?? Any thoughts out there???

Originally posted by dann View Post
    ...but had what doc thought were side effects............wonder now if what they thought were side effects were just my weak leg coming to life---
    Without knowing what those effects were, it isn't possible to say absolutely what will happen if you try Ampyra again. How is the weak leg now on 4AP? If you had general improvements on Ampyra, were they enough to outweigh whatever your doctor thought were side effects? (I'm presuming that, since you mentioned your leg, the side effects weren't related to seizures or UTIs.)

Ampyra is the time-released version of 4AP, so that might explain why you had more consistent results with it. If you had improvements on Ampyra and you weren't having seizures or severe side effects that made you want to stop it, why would you not try Ampyra again? It might be the only way to find out if what you were experiencing were intolerable side effects or just symptomatic effects you can live with in exchange for better functioning.

Comment

on 4AP

I've been taking 4AP since March. Can't say there has been any major change in my walking. I take one morning, noon & then evening especially when I'm going out. I guess it's doing some good, it's not hurting

Toot
      toot

DX 1986 currently on TY
      Copaxone 2003 to February 2015

Comment

Since the Ampyra seemed to be working better, I would go back on it. The only thing I care about is results.
        Bill
        Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

Working...
        X