avonex how do you feel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

avonex how do you feel

I have been on avonex for about 6 months and still have mild bad days, not major bad days just very tired and legs hurting and mild dizzy spells I guess I was expecting to be a whole new person, and I do have more good days then bad was just thinking it would be all good. Anyone else still have symptons
    Anita

my new normal

I don't feel as good as I did before MS, but rarely do I feel really bad. Most of the time I just have aches and some fatigue and some numbness/tingling.

It has been explained to me that this is my "new normal". With the damage on the brain and to the spine I will never return to normal, so I just have to accept that this is my new normal and drive on.

Tough to accept? Sure. But since I have lived with it for 18 months as my new normal it is now my normal. Is that about clear as mud?

After the shot I usually have an extra fatigued day and a few more aches and pains but nothing I can't deal with.

Comment

Thanks i was wondering if i was just having alot of bad days... lol hopefully, i will adjust, and my tiredness and just wanting to cry days will be the worst of it...I just get tired of not feeling like i would like to. but it will be better.
      Anita

Comment

Boy can I relate!

I've been self-injecting Avonex for 15 years. My first six months were just horrible adjusting to the meds, but, slowly the side-effects lessened. Mostly good days (from little or no Avonex side-effects).

I did start on an anti-depressant as Avonex seemed to escalate my anxieties/depression. I still continue with both the Avonex and the AD.

But, now more bad days than good. I was dx a few years before any of the DMD's were available. Avonex has been my silver lining in the MS cloud.

Nothing stops MS progression, but remember: a positive anything is better than a negative nothing.

Stick with it! (pun intended)
        Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's learning to dance in the rain!

Comment

Working...
        X