blood test for endorphin measurement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blood test for endorphin measurement?

Is there a blood test that can measure the increase in endorphins produced by the use of LDnaltrexone?

It seems something like that would be beneficial to help determine the right dose.
    Opiegirl, Dx 1991
    Have never used DMD's.

LDN 9/2011-9/2012 & just started again 6/14
    Estriol 9/12-present
    Still Hopeful.

Evidently you can, but not precisely enough to determine LDN dosing. And then you have the variabilities of sex, age and time of day you take LDN.

I'll post this again, a doctor who has MS, takes LDN, and prescribes it to many MS patients. He talks a lot about dosing.

A Prescribers view of LDN - Dr Bob Lawrence Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLDNre...14/mbY4Z5Esnts

Comment

awesome link........

are we doing low dose naltroxene updates anymore?
      Jen Dx'd 5/11
      "Live each day as if it were your last"

Comment

Yeah, thanks Knuckle....great information.

I am still at 3mgs. I am feeling really good, the first in a long time. I know it is the LD naltrexone.

I don't get what the big controversy is over LDN?
        Opiegirl, Dx 1991
        Have never used DMD's.

Estriol 9/12-present
        Still Hopeful.

Comment

As I see it there are two reasons for controversy, one is scientific and the other is financial.

Scientifically, LDN upsets the autoimmune disease treatment model - that you treat autoimmune diseases principly with immuno-suppression drugs. LDN doesn't suppress the immune system in so much that it helps "regulate" it by increased endorphin production. This is a pretty dramatic development when you consider how many autoimmune diseases there are, as well as cancer and HIV/AIDs - also treated with immuno-suppressant drugs.

Financially, it's much more simple. Immuno-suppressant drugs are big money. Big as in Billions. The MS marketplace alone is worth over $10 billion a year. Just look at who supports NMSS, as well as MSWorld, big pharmaceutical companies who sell very expensive, very profitable immuno-suppressant drugs.

If LDN was clinically shown to be a more effective MS treatment than any of the drugs it would be a financial disaster and nobody who makes a living off of MS wants to see that happen.

So here you have LDN, a cheap, generic, non-toxic drug, that shows remarkable efficacy across many autoimmune diseases, with 1000s of people with MS reporting positive experiences, being dismissed by large organizations whose mission is to help people with MS.

What's worse is that LDN seems more effective the earlier you take it upon disease diagnosis - before any permanent damage has been done to your myelin sheath. Instead, MS patients are prescribed only marginally effective drugs upon diagnosis which are toxic, have difficult side-effects, and are incredibly expensive. These drug treatments are "pushed" by sophisticated pharmaceutical marketing campaigns on people who have little understanding of the disease, especially in the early years.

It's putting profit over people's health and it's very sad.

Comment

I don't know call me niave yet this is shocking to me...... and incredibly upsetting. I sit pondering this and say really is this really what's going on?

It makes me question so very much to be honest.... you don't even wanna hear my thoughts

i'm on 3.0 the 4.5 made me sick to my stomach...... i'm still doing pretty good....... it's been a rough mos. with my daughter so i'd say that i am thankful for my ldn because without it i think id' be where i was last year in horrifying pain, blurred vision, walking was hard it was a nightmare. so thankful for being introduced to this med

i started an MS facebook page if anyone's interested in joining.. iv'e been talking about alot of stuff and ldn is one of them...... i dont' think im allowed to post a link here right?
            Jen Dx'd 5/11

Comment

hmmm if i can figure out how to do that lol
              Jen Dx'd 5/11

Comment

Originally posted by sunshine008 View Post
                hmmm if i can figure out how to do that lol
                In the blue bar above the forum name (upper left) go to User CP and get the drop down. Click on details and you can enter it there.

Comment

thank you..... i tend to be a bit umm retarded when it comes to computers

As far as this LDN thing goes, truly what gives? Even my neurologist was hesitant yet after I voiced my thoughts and rather firmly he said ok no problem you can have it. As I sat in his office with sticky pads that had pharm company names on it, pen holders you name it.. no LDN stickies

Is it truly this whole big mess of stuff when it comes to an inexpensive med that can really help MS people that they just refuse to do clinical trials on due to the pharm companies going broke due to lowered sales on all the expensive dmds? is our world really this twisted?

I've looked around alot, did my research, people's first hand experiences with this medication i'm on. I have to be honest 95% of what I've read from real people say their better on it. Im better on it, I mean come on no new lesions after 2 mos on it? could it be a quirk? Idk the MS was attacking me so badly, my neuro even said it.... than all of a sudden slower progression.......... eyesight is so much better, I dont' know what blurred vision is anymore... I used to have this all the time, my legs I can walk without holding onto walls, even my balance is improving, my hands aren't as bad, my headaches are less frequent the MS hugs as well. the list goes on and on. Do I feel great? no i dont' think i'll ever feel great again. Too much existing damage yet do I feel better? yes I truly do. Even my emotions are better or i guess you'd say my mood.

I think everyone owes it to themself to do their own research on this, see what you think and than just try it what do you have to loose other than 30 bucks a mos. and that's without insurance... ok i'm done with my rant I just hate to see ppl out there suffering when there might just be an answer
                  Jen Dx'd 5/11

Comment

I am so with you Sunshine.

Here's the deal...LDN makes me FEEL BETTER!

I don't know what it's doing or not doing for disease progression in my brain and spinal cord yet, but the everyday symptoms that I have dealt with for the last 21 years are better and some are gone.

It is unfortunate that the health care industry is dictated by the big pharmaceuticals....my Dr. at the RMMS center wouldn't even talk to me about LDN. But that didn't stop me, I think it made me more determined to find a Dr. who would rx to me.

I told my family if LDN worked for me I was going to shout it from the rooftops. I'm just getting started.
                    Opiegirl, Dx 1991
                    Have never used DMD's.

Estriol 9/12-present
                    Still Hopeful.

Comment

I say my moods improved then I go on a tirade lol. See if my neuro told me no to it i would of gotten another... the way I see it is he's going to be the closest dr. to me (hopefully) there won't be anymore large dx's to handle....... so i'm glad he saw my point and caved. yet he's still pushing the dmd.

I told him i'm waiting it out, i have only been on ldn 1 and a half mos. that isn't long enough to be able to judge what it can do for me.

Opiegirl I just stared an ms facebook page....... i put the link in my profile if you have an fb and wanna join in. i am talking about ldn a little bit i don't want to shove it down ppl's throats yet just letting them know how well it's going for me someone else from here joined in and she pops in on occassion to talk about it.
                      Jen Dx'd 5/11

Comment

Working...
                      X