Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4&5th copaxone shot horrible

Hello,

I just started my copaxone (I was on Rebif years ago). My first 3 shots were no problem. Shots 4 and 5 were miserable. A few hours after injecting I was throwing up, had the chills, couldn't get comfortable....it was as if I had food poisoning of the worst kind. I wanted to die - I had never felt this horrible in years.

I had my husband call Shared Solutions on the 5th shot night and she told me to call my neuro in the am. I did but haven't heard back from him yet.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Could this just be an allergic reaction and Copaxone isn't for me? Did I do something wrong?

Help - I plan on NOT doing my shot tonight.

Thanks for any help.

Where were the 4 & 5 shot located?

I got like that during my first stomach shot.. hurt WAY more than the others. I THINK that the depth was too deep.

After adjusting to 8, it was much better.

Comment

I have been on Copaxone for 1.5 years..I have never felt nausea, chills etc.

Have you excluded any other possible causes?

It really does get better over time. It's actually more of nuisance than a problem to me.

j
      Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Copaxone... It get better

My first shot of Copaxone was quite dramatic, but each successive shot got better. I've been on it now for more than four years and the worst part of it now is the actual injection itself.

Comment

Working...
        X