LDN and BG12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDN and BG12

A new drug from Biogen is on the horizon, BG12.

Biogen acquired a Swiss firm, Fumapharm AG, which has made it's living off selling Fumaric Esters to Psoriasis sufferers. Psoriasis is another autoimmune disease.

Now Biogen will take the established FUMADERM Psoriasis drug and turn it into $3000 a month MS blockbuster drug here in the US. And people wonder why our healthcare costs are out-of-control.

You can buy Fumaric Acid Esters, pretty much the same thing, and which has been used to treat Psoriasis for years, for about $25 a bottle.

However, what's interesting about Fumaric Acid is that it is naturally produced by our cells when exposed to sunlight, or vitamin D.

Beyond the obvious correlation to where in the world MS is prevalent and observations that vitamin D seems to have a positive impact on disease progression, what does sunshine / vitamin D really do?

Sunshine / vitamin D produces endorphins.

When you spend time in direct sunlight, say on the beach at high noon, you generate a flood of endorphins. You feel good.

These endorphins play a critical role in the regulation of our immune system.

What other drug has an impact on endorphins? LDN. LDN generates 2-300% endorphin production the day after you take it.

BG12 clinical trial results validate LDN user experiences.

People who take Fumaric Acid, and it's precursor, Malic Acid, report reduced fatigue and reduced pain. They report this because of the endorphins. Malic Acid has been shown an effective treatment for Fibromyalgia fatigue and pain. LDN has been shown an effective treatment for Psoriasis.

People who get lot's of sun and exercise regularly see their MS progress slow. People in parts of the world who eat lot's of spices, which also generate endorphins, rarely get MS.

This is why LDN is an effective MS treatment and likely more than any other first line CRAB treatment, like BG12.

The press release follows:
    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...133225483.html
    I have been taking 4000 Mgs. of D per day for some time and it doesn't hurt. However, I'm not sure I buy the BG-12 hype, that THIS is the next big thing, The numbers don't seem all that impressive. I've looked at so many new items of late, and alemtuzumab seems more promising, having the potential to reverse nerve damage. Yes, I know of side effects.
    Maybe I am missing something.

Comment

For anyone who is thinking about getting some fumaric acid (readily available OTC) on their own and treating themselves rather than waiting for full approval by the FDA, you should know that there can be serious side effects.

Gastrointestinal discomfort is a common reaction, but relatively minor if you can "stomach" it. The real danger is kidney damage, the risk of which increases as you raise the dose.

http://www.psorsite.com/fumaric.html

Just sayin' please be careful.

Comment

When will BG12 be out for use? Where are the clinical trials?

Can you take it with LDN?
        DX: RRMS Jan 2010 -- LDN: Mar 2010-Dec 2010, Tysabri: Feb 2011 reaction, Gilenya: Aug 2011 reaction, Copaxone: Oct 2011 reaction, Tecfidera: May 2013 reaction

Comment

Working...
        X