Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Research.. Jellyfish..? Clogged Neck Arteries...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Research.. Jellyfish..? Clogged Neck Arteries...?

Has anyone heard of new research out there using the venom of jellyfish to treat MS?

Also.. a few months back I read something about arteries in the neck that are clogging causing MS and once you unblock these arteries, the MS gets better...? Can't find that article anymore, nor can I remember who sent it to me.. Ugghh.. I hate how MS effects my memory! Has anyone heard of either of these?

Originally posted by rickalex2 View Post
    Has anyone heard of new research out there using the venom of jellyfish to treat MS?

Also.. a few months back I read something about arteries in the neck that are clogging causing MS and once you unblock these arteries, the MS gets better...? Can't find that article anymore, nor can I remember who sent it to me.. Ugghh.. I hate how MS effects my memory! Has anyone heard of either of these?
    (1) You may be thinking of Apoaequorin; it comes from jellyfish. It's not a disease modifying drug, though. It's used to treat symptoms, and hasn't been thoroughly researched yet. Here's an old thread on the subject:

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=104684

You can also Google it and get lots more information, pro and con.

(2) It's the veins in the neck, not the arteries. You're talking about CCSVI, and we have a whole sub-forum about it:

http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92

Hope this helped!

Comment

OMGosh! That's what CCSVI is?! Thank you! I haven't had the chance to read through everything on this website yet, but did see a post on that. Just didn't get a chance to read it. Thanks! As for the jellyfish, I'll check your link on that also. You've been very helpful!!

Now.. got any suggestions for tuning up a persons memory? I definitely feel like I get more stupid everyday...sigh~

Comment

Working...
      X