New diet and DMDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New diet and DMDs

So I have been researching and researching trying to decide which dmd I want to be subjected to. One big concern is weight gain which a number of you were kind enough to respond to. Next question....
    What about changing your diet? I read about the Best Best Diet and another diet for reducing sx. Has anyone tried anything notable? I'm already overweight a little and don't want to add extra pounds on if I can avoid it.
    Thanks for you input.

-see-
    Dx 10/11'
    No DMDs (yet)
    ~seeuinct (Connecticut)
    Dx the first time: 10/25/11
    Avonex 1/12-10/12
    Revaluation of Dx 10/12
    Rediagnosis 7/14

Try looking at this from a different point of view:

Don't ask which DMD is the most convenient, concentrate on finding the one which will work best. That's tricky because you won't know until you try, but talk to your Neuro and get their opinion then talk about your treatment strategy so both of you understand the goals and under what circumstances you might need to make changes.

IMO, its actually better to learn how to reduce stress before you start shopping for a diet. Not all Neuros agree about specific diets but most agree that stress and MS don't get along. Controlling stress can be a diet on its own. When you're relaxed you're less prone to dive into comfort foods to feel better. When you aren't stressed, its easier to see the big picture.

You should also consider making small diet changes until you and your Dr. have a baseline on how your treatment is going. It comes down to having too many variables when you're trying to figure out what's true.
    Did the meds make you feel bad or was it the diet or was it both? The same goes for good results, what caused them?

Comment

Working...
    X