Really FRUSTRATED!! HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really FRUSTRATED!! HELP!

Well I've been on Copaxone for about a month, I HATE IT!! I take it at night, and when "that time" is approaching, I almost cringe. From the unbelievable stinging and burning to the lumps and redness-I cry almost every night.

I have spoke to the nurses at Shared Solutions, ya they've given me the tips....warm before, cold after, adjusting the needle in the auto injector, I've done it all.

It's becoming hard to keep that "positive outlook" when I'm hating my medicine.

DebbyV, I am sorry you are having issues with Copax I know when I first started Rebif I was in tears and had a horrible time when I used the autoinjector (ouch! scared the living crap out of me when I heard the *click*).

Have you tried doing it manually? This helped me a ton! When it stings (trust me I was crying with the stinging the first couple times), I now can slow down and it goes away. Seriously barely feel it now.

It's scary at first, but so much easier and my site reactions are not as bad at all.
    dxd RRMS 7/2011 - Rebif 8/2011 - Tecfidera 7/2013

Comment

Originally posted by DebbyV View Post
      Well I've been on Copaxone for about a month, I HATE IT!! I take it at night, and when "that time" is approaching, I almost cringe. From the unbelievable stinging and burning to the lumps and redness-I cry almost every night.

I have spoke to the nurses at Shared Solutions, ya they've given me the tips....warm before, cold after, adjusting the needle in the auto injector, I've done it all.

It's becoming hard to keep that "positive outlook" when I'm hating my medicine.
      Debby I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time with Copaxone. As a fellow user I want to say that I have had terrible injection site reactions. I hit my 3 month mark yesterday and I swear everyday they get a little better.

Please hang on and try to make it at least to 3 months. I know it is hard to keep sticking yourself when it's painful and leaves lumps that can last weeks. Everyday I have to make a choice, do I keep doing this even though I'm in pain or take the chance of quitting and my MS getting worse. It's a truly difficult thing to do and I know I personally would rather not continue but as they say the things you regret are usually the things you didn't do.

I really hope it does get better for you. I've tried alot of the tips and tricks both from SS and the wonderful people here but I think the only way it will get better for me is time. Also if you aren't afraid of manual injections, you can ask SS to send a nurse out to show you how to do it. Some people here swear that makes a huge difference. Don't be afraid to try different things and if there is no improvement you can always try a different DMD.

Good luck Debby and remember this place is wonderful for venting, advice and support.

Comment

Hi DebbyV-

I was on Betaseron for a couple of years and I cried almost every time I did that shot. I had lovely welts and they itched like crazy and were sore for days. I am terrified of needles and didn't think I could do it, but I did. I'm with Beneaththelies - you have to think of the positive outcomes no matter how hard it is. And it's really ok to cry, it's a relief sometimes just to bawl your eyes out - it was for me.

The thing that kept me going, and it sounds so trivial in comparison, but I thought of my mom going through chemo all by herself. She didn't tell anyone how bad it was until she was on morphine - she kept telling us it was all ok. We lived in different states, my dad didn't even know and he lived with her. I timed the pain and I thought if I could get through the 2 minutes of that pain my mom would be proud of me (I was 42, now 45).

I am on Gilenya now, but if it isn't working I will have to go back to the Betaseron, scares the hell out of me though.

I hope you feel better.
        This music is the glue of the world Mark. It's what holds it all together. Without this, life would be meaningless

Comment

As far as the injections, it got better for me in time for me. I think people are correct, try to learn manual, may be a little more time consuming till you get the hang of it. My injection sites don't swell, and very little stinging.

Comment

Working...
          X