Glatiramer Acetate, i.e. generic Copaxone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glatiramer Acetate, i.e. generic Copaxone

To the worldwide M.S. community: What do you know about generic Copaxone that is currently available? Is anyone taking it?

Glatiramer is available in generic form outside the United States. It is manufactured by up to 4 companies, and I identified a pharmacy in Canada that distributes it to many countries outside the U.S. (and probably within Canada).

Interesting. It's been blocked in the US, so your insurance won't pay, but as far as the cash price for the generic, it's getting reasonable at $5k/year.

http://www.pharmacyrxworld.com/buy-Copaxone.html

Comment

I wouldn't inject those in my body. There are so many counterfeit drugs all over the world, and the main form of distribution is the online market. You might not know about it but it is pretty serious these days.
      My neuro told me that generic Copaxone was manufactured in Iran. Well if placebo works for some people this might as well just do the same.
      RRMS Diagnosed December 2009,
      on Copaxone December 2009-October 2011 -
      Starting interferons hopefully soon.

Comment

Clarification:
        This topic is about the legitimate, though not approved by FDA for U.S> use, generic version of copaxone (glatiramer), distributed by legitimate pharmacies outside the U.S. For purposes of this thread, please assume it's not a counterfit version.

Comment

Working...
        X