COPAXONE QUESTION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COPAXONE QUESTION

Hello, I am new to this site hoping to start learning more about my MS. I am 29 and was diagnosed 3 years ago. I was given copaxone from diagnosis. I have horrible reaction sites and have several boxes that were givin to me from a good friend who switched to beta. Some only have a 1 year later experation date and some have a 2yr experation date. Is this normal for them to be different? Is it okay to use it past experation date? I have never entered a site like this before but my MS is getting worse.

Welcome to the site, sorry that you have to be here, but you are in good company.

Even though I will use expired antibiotic ointment, or hydrocortisone cream, or slightly expired benadryl, I don't think that I would take an expired injection. But, I am not a medical professional and that is just my gut feeling.

I wouldn't worry about the expiration dates being different. Due to manufacturing and shipment rotations, different lots could be pulled at different times. As long as it is not expired, don't worry about that.

The best place to get an answer would be SS, but I am sure that they will tell you not to use expired med, even if it would technically be OK.

Comment

Welcome to the site! I am new here too, it is an amazing site and everyone is wonderful!
      The site reactions are bascially the only side effect, i've been on it for 2 years.
      As for the expirey date, you can ask SS as cosake said. OR if you have a trusted pharmacist, he will tell you the truth if its ok to use. My pharmacist has told me some things are ok and others aren't so I just ask him. He has told me some of my ms meds are ok to use past expiry. If you can't get an answer, then definitly don't use it past the expiry.

Comment

Working...
      X