TERIFLUNOMIDE CLINICAL TRIAL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TERIFLUNOMIDE CLINICAL TRIAL?

I am searching for anyone who may have completed the TEMSO trial that ended June/July 2010 - how you did, if it helped, what kinds of side effects. I had a relapse while using Betaseron and went on a clinical trial using Cladribine with the Beta, but this past year has been really hellish for me and I'm trying to recoup. There is a 5 year trial with Teriflunomide that is beginning soon, and although I've researched the drug itself, I'd like to hear from others. I've had RRMS for 8 years and am praying for a cure! Many thanks!

Originally posted by Jules59 View Post
    I've had RRMS for 8 years and am praying for a cure!
    Hi Jules:
    In your research you've probably read the abstract of the TEMSO study results: http://mscare.org/cmsc/index.php?opt...29&Itemid=1465

For anyone who isn't familiar with this teriflunomide trial, the side effects of diarrhea, nausea, and hair thinning were significant enough to mention in the abstract. But perhaps most important to note is the reduction in the annualized relapse rate. At 31%, that isn't any better than for the CRAB drugs. And certainly not the cure we're all hoping for. But teriflunomide does offer the advantage of being an oral med. That alone can improve the lives of a lot of people.

Comment

Hi,
      I participated in a Teriflunomide study for about 6 months, discontinuing because the distance to the doctors office became too wearing for me. My contribution to the study still counted even though I finished early.

I don't know if I was on placebo on the drug but my liver enzymes continued to rise at each blood test. The doctor was not concerned but I was unconfortable with it.

I felt great whilst on it... energy level was definitely better and just having to take a pill everyday instead of a shot was wonderful.

About a week after I stopped taking it I got mastitis (blocked milk duct in the breast). It cleared itself within a week or two without anitbiotics. I don't know if it was connected to the drug but study doctor noted it.

Good luck with your meds. Hope everything works out for you
      DX 1988. Avenox for 6 years, Copaxone for 6 years and LDN for 3 years.

Comment

Working...
      X