Copaxone and LDN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone and LDN

Is copaxone the only DMD that can be used along side with LDN?
    Do you still get the benefits of the LDN if using the copaxone?
    DX: RRMS Jan 2010 -- LDN: Mar 2010-Dec 2010, Tysabri: Feb 2011 reaction, Gilenya: Aug 2011 reaction, Copaxone: Oct 2011 reaction, Tecfidera: May 2013 reaction

You should google "low dose naltrexone copaxone combination therapy"

Comment

Not sure what you want me to see, but I did google it and found very little information on the two drugs used together. If there is a good read, I would love the link to the site.

Thank You!
      DX: RRMS Jan 2010 -- LDN: Mar 2010-Dec 2010, Tysabri: Feb 2011 reaction, Gilenya: Aug 2011 reaction, Copaxone: Oct 2011 reaction, Tecfidera: May 2013 reaction

Comment

When I was researching LDN and other DMDs I found that it is not recommended to use an interferon w/LDN as the interferons lower your immune system and LDN regulates it. Therefore the interferons and the LDN together would cancel each other out, making both ineffective.

Copaxone can be used right along with LDN they will work together. There is a study that is/has been done regarding the use of ldn w/copaxone. It makes sense.

As for me, I was on Copaxone and now I am using the LDN alone as it has shown to slow progression and to reduce relapses as well.

Good luck with your choice.
        Love, Laugh, Live...in this order
        Dx'd 2-24-11 - Baclofen 60 mg/day 5-11, LDN 4.5 mg/day 9-24-11, Cymbalta 60mg/day for pain 11-11

Comment

Originally posted by inmoni5 View Post
          There is a study that is/has been done regarding the use of ldn w/copaxone. It makes sense.

As for me, I was on Copaxone and now I am using the LDN alone as it has shown to slow progression and to reduce relapses as well.

Good luck with your choice.
          Where is there a study that is/has been done regarding the use of LDN w/copaxone??

AND.....where is a study that has shown LDN to slow progression and to reduce relapses as well??

I think most of this is heresay and not proven clinical studies. I am excited about LDN, I just want to see 'prove' that it works?

Comment

There is no study on Copaxone and LDN. It's just that Copaxone is not immuno-modulating like all the other drugs so people think taking the two together will not reduce efficacy of either.

As for "proof" that LDN works, since there is no money to be made selling generic LDN, don't expect the private sector to bring it to market as a FDA-approved MS drug.

I think you need to compare the LDN user experiences, and there are a lot of them - far more than were studied in the CRAB clinical trials for a much longer time - with the lab science that is being done. Further, LDN is being studied in humans with similar autoimmune conditions, like Crohn's and Fibromyalgia.

Here's a good example:

Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine

Low-dose naltrexone (LDN): Tricking the body to heal itself

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-ldn090211.php

"Moreover, LDN is an oral medication, generic, inexpensive, and non-toxic, and has been documented to alter the course of both neoplasias and autoimmune diseases such as Crohn's and multiple sclerosis, making this drug especially attractive as a therapeutic agent."

There have also been some LDN user surveys for those with MS:

http://www.ldners.org/surveys.htm

http://www.ldndatabase.com/ms.html

So, while you're on your own with LDN regarding official FDA clinical studies, I think there is some decent information available if you want to give LDN a try.

Comment

I was wrong, sorry.

As I went back through all of my literature on LDN....there has not been a study of LDN and Copaxone yet.

Sorry, my bad.

Just alot of talk about it. Sometimes I read things and ugh...read it wrong.
              Dx'd 2-24-11 - Baclofen 60 mg/day 5-11, LDN 4.5 mg/day 9-24-11, Cymbalta 60mg/day for pain 11-11

Comment

Just received a call from my Neuro's office, and I was told NO, I could not use LDN with the copaxone. He said there was nothing out there that showed the use of the two together.
                My neuro has allowed me on the LDN alone, so he is not completely against it, just does not think it should be used with copaxone.
                Are there any articles or research that is out there, I know he would be willing to read and and change his mind if there was proof that they could be used together.
                Please help as I would like to try the two together.

Thanks

Comment

daisygirl,

On facebook there is a closed group called "got endorphins". I think I remember something in their docs. section that talked about ldn with copaxone. ??? Go to the page and click "like" they will add you to the group and there is ALOT of info for you.

Good luck.

Comment

I just don't buy this LDN can't be used with a traditional MS drug treatment like Copaxone or a Beta-interferon, it doesn't make sense.

All LDN does is increase your body's endorphin production and that is no different than exercise or sunshine. A neuro will always recommend exercise and sunshine/vitamin D as good therapy for MS.

I don't think they know what they're talking about.

Comment

Working...
                    X