Anyone taking LDN have an update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone taking LDN have an update?

Just curious how LDN is working for anyone who is taking it, and what were/are your major symptoms?
    Thanks!

I took LDN for just about one year (a yr ago)...I really didn't feel any different. I am wondering if there are new studies/trials that are currently under way??
    DX: RRMS Jan 2010 -- LDN: Mar 2010-Dec 2010, Tysabri: Feb 2011 reaction, Gilenya: Aug 2011 reaction, Copaxone: Oct 2011 reaction, Tecfidera: May 2013 reaction

Comment

i'll let you know i'm starting mine tonight
      Jen Dx'd 5/11
      "Live each day as if it were your last"

Comment

Yay for you sunshine...keep us posted.

I am three weeks in and on day 4 of 3mgs. I am feeling really good. I have lots (more than 15) lesions on my brain and a nice big one on my Cspine where I also have three herniated discs. My symptoms over the years have been mostly sensory, ON and recently mobility issues in my left leg.

Today I walked my dog and felt like my leg was not as floppy as usual, so I did the loop I used to do, haven't done it in a few months because my leg would get really weak and I would have a bad foot drop. But, today I did it and felt strong! I am very hopeful that LDN is the answer for me. My prayer is to maintain my current state of mobility.
        Opiegirl, Dx 1991
        Have never used DMD's.

LDN 9/2011-9/2012 & just started again 6/14
        Estriol 9/12-present
        Still Hopeful.

Comment

Opiegirl I've been wondering about you. So happy to hear u are doing well. I am on week 3 - last night I started the highest dose of 4.5 mg. I honestly feel wonderful. For the last 2-3 weeks haven't had to nap or even take a rest in the afternoon afterbwork. I still have my usual ms sx's and at times they seemed more noticeable... but as for the ms fatigue, well it seems like its gone.
          Lkk,,,
          How r u? Do u feel any different/better?
          Have u noticed that quite a few people on here have tried LDN but don't comment on our posts about how they are doing or even their thoughts on it. Wish there was more feedback.I don't have a lot of time for trial and error. MRI looks so bad I need to stay up on smart choices!
          I'll try to get your email to communicate with each other. Sunshine too, think she just started.
          Much love and luck ti u opegirl. I have my faith in god and. My detrrmination that we will be ok.

Marie
          DX 1988. Avenox for 6 years, Copaxone for 6 years and LDN for 3 years.

Comment

Does LDN help with fatigue only? Does it help at all with numbness/tingling or L'hermittes or vertigo?

I have read a little online but nothing was very descriptive.
            ~Piper - DX'd 2/2010 - Mama, Wife, Working gal

Comment

hi quick update just began it and wow i passed out after taking the ldn.

yet i woke up frequently through the night and had some wild dreams, not necessarily bad they were even in color partially lol.

like a movie while sleeping. so far just more burning today all over body. it's usually localized to legs and stomach. yet i've heard it can make ms symptoms more pronounced in beginning until it adjusts in our systems.

hope everyone else is doing well on it.

keep updating
              Jen Dx'd 5/11

Comment

My symptoms before LDN:
                Lft leg limp/weakness
                fatigue
                horrible leg pain
                urine retention
                cog fog
                moody
                muscle tremors
                right arm weakness/tingling

After LDN (I've only been on it for 1 week @1.5mg)
                My left leg limp/weakness is less and is more occasional than all the time.
                I was on Adderall for fatigue, today I didn't take my adderall, just to see if I need it still.
                My mood has gotten better- LOVE ENDORPHINS
                doesn't seem that I have as many muscle tremors.
                Rt arm weakness and tingling is less.
                The pain in my legs is getting better everyday.
                I do have a headache most ams and some dizziness from it. but those should go away in time and it's nothing I can't deal with.

I know that these are not typical results for everyone....but for some these results are typical.

If you research LDN...it states that you may feel worse for awhile before you start to recieve benefits from it. If you think about it kinda like Copaxone, it can take up to 9 months to work in your system. It is an immune altering drug that takes time to be benefical in it's full capacity. The endorphins are fabulous and that's what starts off making someone feel really good. We msers usually have a low production of natural endorphins (the feel good hormone) and LDN makes your body increase them.

Good luck with your decision. I hope this helped.
                Love, Laugh, Live...in this order
                Dx'd 2-24-11 - Baclofen 60 mg/day 5-11, LDN 4.5 mg/day 9-24-11, Cymbalta 60mg/day for pain 11-11

Comment

hi wow what an improvement for you.

thats great, keep on poppin that ldn

for me it's just pass out as soon as i take it and getting up a bit thru night,nothing horrible.

my husband did say first two nights i had some wacky leg spasms right after taking it, than within half hour it calmed and i talked in my sleep.....hmm that could be dangerous lol.

just tired for me still yet i'm so new on it, have to give it a chance.
                  Jen Dx'd 5/11

Comment

Working...
                  X