Tegretol doses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tegretol doses

So my doc prescribed me tegretol for my TN, and started ms off at a dose of 200mg and told me to go ahead and go up to 300mg if the 200mg wasn't enough.
    Well the 300 just wasn't enough... The pain is still there Nd unbearable.

What kind of doses are yu guys on?? Just want to make sure before I go to my doc and talk about higher doses.
    Thanks

I can't take Tegretol since it makes my sodium levels dangerously low. A suggestion............make sure your doctor does regular blood tests to check your sodium levels. I had the same problem with Trileptal and can't take either of them. Sadly, they helped the neuropathy much better than the Lyrica I'm on now.

Comment

I worked up to the max dosage (can't remember how much though) of Tegretol and did not get any pain relief. I'm on Nortriptyline and Neurontin now with limited relief but still rely on Vicodin to stop the pain so I can sleep for a few hours. My neuro said I could try Methadone but I don't want to go there except as a last resort. I've been dealing with arm pain for almost two years and it is no fun.

Comment

I take 200 of tegr twie a day... It does little to nothing to help my TN pain. My do says that is as high as I can go.... I have plans to ask for valuum at next visit

Comment

Working...
        X