MS Group Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Group Meeting

I don't know how many go to the MS group meetings, but this is my second meeting and I kind of feel bad that I was sitting here and I can't remember one persons name, I kinda wish my wife went with me as she can remember names of people she met once years ago and I can't remember an hour ago. I can kind of remember faces and would it be rude to take pen and paper and write where people sit and the names?
    I want to keep going but I don't want to embarrass myself month after month. Any opinions as I was just happy to even remember it was this weekend?
    Thanks

I have gone to a few meetings but had to quite going as they upset me so much. I guess it was seeing people that were in so much worse shape than I am. Still like to bury my head in the sand when I can and it was impossible when it is right in your face. One think I will say is that the people I met there were very upbeat and helpful and I do miss that part of it but I have found that here.
    Webbles

Weebles wobble but they don't fall down (much)

Comment

WOW, you can remember for an hour? i get 5 minutes before i forget!!!
      i`ve been to the meetings and many had the same problem. now, we all wear a "hello my name is" tag.
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I don't know how many go to the MS group meetings, but this is my second meeting and I kind of feel bad that I was sitting here and I can't remember one persons name
        Remember that most there have MS also and those that don't also know the cog fog is a sx of MS. I bet alot of them can't remember your name either.

I have gone to a few meetings but had to quite going as they upset me so much. I guess it was seeing people that were in so much worse shape than I am.
        Look at from a different point of view, those people even though they are worse off than you they are still getting out and meeting people and not "hiding thier head in the sand".

My biggest problem was after going to a few different groups I found that some where not really the right setting for me, for example one group was very much faith based and spent most of the time discussing the bible and trying to use it to explain why they had MS, 2 other groups quite frankly were pity parties, the 2 different groups that I participate in are of varied degrees of sx and are more for helping each other overcoming obstacles and in person discussion of different treatments and drugs. One of these groups is at the VA and it helps everyone to know different programs avail and what is avail thru the VA.
        Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

People at the meetings should understand if you don't remember everyone's name.

I go to a great group, very warm & friendly people. I was concerned at first about being with so many worse than I, but there are also many at my group who look like me (invisible sx)!

I say go back and give them another chance (or 2 or 3) - the only reason I would immediately dismiss a group is if it had a negative atmosphere. I can be negative & depressing very well all by myself, I don't need any help!
          DX 10/2008
          Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
          Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
          Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

similar problem but after 3-4 times I begin to associate the name with the face. I just started participating in a group. There are only 7-8 of us and we are all very different. For a while I was the only man and the only white person, now we have congealed into a group and get a long well and really try to help one another. I didn't think I was a support group kind of guy but it's OK.
            You only live NOW.
            SX 1999 /DX 2003
            norml.org

Comment

I go to a Group that meets every Wed. for Lunch, birthday cake as often as possible and various snacks and cookies. We even talk about MS sometimes. We have become good friends and welcome any new people. Ages range from 30's to 60's and we all get along, give support to each other.
              Bill
              Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

I went to my 2nd group meeting today and there was such a more diverse group today with all stages of MS and the good thing only 1 person not mobile so this is a uplifting group to go to and I am so happy with it, so many questions asked and answerd by people just like us, just so surprised how many people never heard of the hug, so good people, times and knowledge

Comment

Working...
                X