Solu-Medrol... major pain!!! :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solu-Medrol... major pain!!! :(

I went in to get my first monthly Solu-Medrol infusion and the next day I am faced with MAJOR pain!!!
    The pain is everywhere... even my face. I had the biggest trouble washing my face because it just hurts to touch it. It feels like it is all bruised, but there is nothing on it. This sore/bruised feeling is present on my face, neck, chest, and ribs. I can even put the slightest pressure anywhere from my armpit to my hip without feeling immense pain.
    Could the Solu-Medrol have done this?
    The back of my neck is also covered in pimple-like things that weren't there before.
    Could the Solu-Medrol have done this?? I had a 3 day infusion in the past and nothing like this happened. Thanks.
    Diagnosed Feb. 2011
    Rebif 3/11-5/11;Copaxone 6/11-10/11;Gilenya 10/11-present

meat tenderizer

I have this happen almost every time I have to have a infusion. I feel like I was just tenderized with a meat mallet all over!!! The only thing I find is that it sets in at day 2 and day 3 is bad at day 4...going downhill and around day 6 I start to feel better. Its a side effect from the medicine.

I take my vicodine (which I take as needed) at times like this!!! I sit, bend, walk, brush my teeth and do just about anything that moves a muscle very slowly till the "side effect" start to wears off.

Thats all I can say about it LOL

isamadjul
    (allyson)
    DX 10/10, JCV postitive by a lot (said Nuero lol), Betaerson, Gilenya, Tecifidera, Aubagio now on Ocerevus

Comment

Originally posted by isamadjul View Post
      I have this happen almost every time I have to have a infusion. I feel like I was just tenderized with a meat mallet all over!!! The only thing I find is that it sets in at day 2 and day 3 is bad at day 4...going downhill and around day 6 I start to feel better. Its a side effect from the medicine.

I take my vicodine (which I take as needed) at times like this!!! I sit, bend, walk, brush my teeth and do just about anything that moves a muscle very slowly till the "side effect" start to wears off.

Thats all I can say about it LOL

isamadjul
      (allyson)
      That is a very creative and accurate way to put it. Today I experienced a very scary thing. I was walking fine when all of a sudden, I felt very dizzy to the point of fainting. Could this be because of the steroids as well? I'm taking Copaxone so could they be the culprit?
      Diagnosed Feb. 2011
      Rebif 3/11-5/11;Copaxone 6/11-10/11;Gilenya 10/11-present

Comment

not to sure

I don't know...I took Beta. Don't know what Copax side effects can be. Are you new to this med? Meaning did you JUST start it or just start up ur dose? On beta you slowly up ur dose over 6wks.

MS can make you dizzy so it could have been that. I don't get dizzy on steroids but I think it can be a side effect. In the morning can your nurse or doctor to ease you concerns and to let them know how your feeling. Its best to let them know when something new like this happens when you start doing something new.

Hope you stop having new side effects and start feeling better!!!

isamadjul
        (allyson)
        DX 10/10, JCV postitive by a lot (said Nuero lol), Betaerson, Gilenya, Tecifidera, Aubagio now on Ocerevus

Comment

Originally posted by ms10292 View Post
          Could the Solu-Medrol have done this?? I had a 3 day infusion in the past and nothing like this happened. Thanks.
          I have this reaction every single time I have infusions. Well not directly afterward as you did. All of the three times I've been infused were 5 day courses. During the courses I feel fine. But after that last day my body starts reeling and it is horrible. The slightest of touches on my back, sides, neck, face or thighs hurts like all get out. And I'm constantly looking in the mirror like: "Surely I must be bruised somewhere. It always takes me about a week for the tenderness to wear off. Hang in there.

Comment

I was in pain too....

I also had that feeling like you should look at me and I should be covered in bruises....I so wish our doctors looked at this site! The Dr acted like I must be out of my mind and that it could in no way have any relation to the med lol!

Comment

Ugh! I had a SoluMedrol infusion on Saturday morning and am feeling that same way yesterday/today.
              Diagnosed Aug. 2011 - Currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
              X