MELOXICAM - MORBIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MELOXICAM - MORBIC

Has anyone heard of or has taken this med for muscle spasms? Saw my PCP today and he prescribed this for my tight neck spasms - inflammation.

I see that it's similar to Ibruprofen. He prescribed 7.7mg - not sure if this is a very low dose.. I hope so.. I never heard of this before. I may try taking 1/2 first.

Then again, I may just stick with my 1/2 .5 Ativan. I take it sometimes 2x a day which helps. Sometimes my body feels soooo stiff and tight.. ITS RIDICULOUS.

Sometimes its hard for me to run errands or do things around the house.. I HATE ALL THIS. And going through peri-menopause does not help matters. A lot of peri-meno ladies are having the same tight/tensed issues so I guess I can't blame it all on ms.

Hope I get responses regarding the medication??
    Ms Jay

Ms. Jay, I took meloxicam a few years ago for muscle pain. From what I remember, it didn't work all that great for the type of pain (spasticity) I was having.

I'm surprised your doctor didn't put you on baclofen or Zanaflex, since both are usually used for muscle spasticity from MS. I guess the inflammation is why he prescribed the meloxicam.

You might give it a try and see how it does. And if it doesn't work too well, maybe see if you can get baclofen or Zanaflex.

Hugs,

Lisa
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Shashi View Post
      Ms. Jay, I took meloxicam a few years ago for muscle pain. From what I remember, it didn't work all that great for the type of pain (spasticity) I was having.

I'm surprised your doctor didn't put you on baclofen or Zanaflex, since both are usually used for muscle spasticity from MS. I guess the inflammation is why he prescribed the meloxicam.

You might give it a try and see how it does. And if it doesn't work too well, maybe see if you can get baclofen or Zanaflex.

Hugs,

Lisa

Thanks for responding Lisa. Yes.. I think its for the inflammation. I took 1/2 pill of the Meloxicam to see how I do on it..I have a phobia when it comes to taking meds.. too many side effects.

Not sure if I am going to stick with it. It made me rather nauseous. I will look up Zanaflex and check out the side effects. Don't think I want the Baclofen. Do you take either of those??

I may just stick with Advil. The pharmacist told me that NSAD type meds can elevate blood pressure. When I took the 1/2 pill of course it raised my anxiety and I got even more tensed thinking my pressure was up. My med phobia is AWFUL.

Jay

Comment

Jay, I've actually taken both Zanaflex and baclofen over the last five years. I tried Zanaflex to start with, but it made me horribly sleepy (I slept through the entire summer of 2006.) I was then put on baclofen and have been on it most of the last five years with no problems or side effects. I started out at 10 mg and am now up to 60-80 mg, depending on how much spasticity I'm having at the time.

I do hope you get some relief. Muscle spasms can be horrible.

Hugs,

Lisa
        Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
        Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
        Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Working...
        X