Avonex pink spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avonex pink spot

I have been on Avonex for approximately a year and a half and for the last few months I have been getting a pink spot about the size of a quarter when I inject in my left leg. I asked an Avonex nurse about it and she wasn't sure about it and said to ask the doctor.
    I guess my question is if anyone else has had this happen and knows what the deal is since it only happens on my left leg. I don't have an appointment with my neurologist for a few months and figured someone here may have an idea what is going on.
    It seems to me I may be missing the muscle somehow and it is a reaction to the med being in the fatty tissue or something like that. I don't see how I could be missing it though since I have no problem on my right leg with it happening and the shot is done the same on both legs.
    Any feedback is appreciated

I guess no answers for you as this is not a typical reaction. Very odd that it is on one side and not the other. Wondering if you are rushing the injection, maybe pulling out quickly or not straight out. I used to use a gauze pad and take the shot out sort of at an angle rather than straight. I was following the Avonex instruction book. It caused more bruising and skin irritation. The more gentle I am the better, and I take care to pull that needle straight out.

The other day I injected more quickly and seemed like the med puddled back up to the surface. I had to compress and rub awhile to get that to flatten. This was unusual for me. I thought maybe the needle wasn't fixed on the syringe properly.

Do let us know if you figure this out!

Comment

I am surprised that no one knew or has had it happen. I don't rush it and do take care when pulling it out to not do more damage by pulling at an angle. Anyways, I am guessing since it isn't common it is gonna be hard for the doc to say as well as people on here. I'll let you know if I figure it out.

Comment

Working...
      X