Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prednisone & hot flash

Hi all,

I'm on my second ever course of prednisone? How do others deal with the hot flashes. Cold showers? Ice Packs? I'm running out of ideas here but it's just ridiculous in terms how sweaty I'll get.

BTW, male in lower 30's

hot flashes

Hi there,

im a 29yr old female and while i was on prednisone I tried to stay out of the sun as much as possible and keep the a/c blasting. I know that's not saying much but it definitely kept me cool. Cool showers also helped and not over exerting yourself. Just take it easy and ride it out and you should be ok.

Comment

I'm a 51 YO guy on day 3 of a prednisone taper from IV Solu-Medrol. Solu-Medrol is methlyprednisolone. I had some minor flash issues on the IV, but on the oral prednisone I'm a mess when I walk outside. I show up at work soaked.

Is thee that big a difference between prednisone and methlyprednisolone?
      At weddings, my Aunts would poke me in the ribs and cackle "You're next!". They stopped when I started doing the same to them at funerals. Dave Barry

Comment

Plenty of Water

Not only will it help with keeping you hydrated and helping the body's cooling process, but it will help with fluid retention if that's an issue for you.
        “Never permit a dichotomy to rule your life, a dichotomy in which you hate what you do so you can have pleasure in your spare time. Look for a situation in which your work will give you as much happiness as your spare time.” Pablo Picasso

Comment

Working...
        X