Flexeril vs Baclofen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flexeril vs Baclofen

Okay, so from reading the posts since I've been registered on this board, I know that Baclofen and benzos (like Valium, Klonopin) are the drugs of choice for treating spasticity. I THINK I'm starting to get spasticity (my brain just doesn't want to type that word right) in my legs and back. I'm on flexeril for my fibromyalgia, but if this is spasticity and it's here to stay, would I be better off by switching to Baclofen over Flexeril? I'm also on Klonopin for mood issues, but only take it when I have a panic attack. A year ago at the ER they gave me valium to relax my muscles, but that didn't seem to as much good as the flexeril.

Thank you all in advance. This year has been, well, bad for me, in that I keep having more symptoms, and have had two flares (I just started Tysabri, and I'm hoping that will put an end to the flares, even if it doesn't start working right away). But this muscle thing started outside of a flare, so I'm thinking it's just a new symptom.
    Diagnosis: May, 2008
    Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Hi Spydre,

I have never used Flexeril but have used Baclofen. I like baclofen it has worked well for me when I have needed it. Another thing you can try is stretching and exercises, you need to be consistant with both. Some have found stretching to be more helpful when done a few to several times a day.

You can try a heating pad on your back and see if that helps. It's not uncommon for me to have spasticity and the pain that goes with it in my legs and I wrap an electric blanket around my legs.

I don't know if you have read any information about spasticity so I am providing a URL that may be helpful:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...ity/index.aspx

Hope this helps
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
    X