COPAXONE ~ NEW CO-PAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COPAXONE ~ NEW CO-PAY

I had my neuro appt yesterday and he informed me that the copaxone co-pay has dropped to $35! I wanted to pass this along (for all of us going broke because of this med). I called the number on the shared solutions pamplet and it is true. Also, as my cobra is expiring and I will be on medicare, she told me they can most likely help me with the entire amount! This is a huge weight off my sholders and hopefully it can help whoever is in need of assistance

That is great news for you! And you are right - reduced out-of-pocket costs is a big relief.

I don't think it applies to all insurances though, as my co-pay would be $80 per month on my new Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance.

Comment

Tracy, your an early bird on this information.
      I just went to needy meds and looked up the assistance programs Teva has and one of then is just as you say and it is dated 6/11/2011

http://www.needymeds.org/drug_list.t...&name=Copaxone

Programs 1 of 3 Scroll down to see them all. Updated June 10, 2011

Program 1 of 3 Scroll down to see them all. Updated June 10, 2011
      Copaxone Patient Assistance Program

Insurance Status Must not have public insurance, may have private insurance

Those with Part D Eligible? No
      Income Not disclosed
      Obtaining Call
      Receiving Mailed
      Returning Mail
      Doctor's Action Give prescription to patient
      Applicant's Action Complete section, sign
      Decision Communicated Decision is mailed
      Decision Timeframe 5-7 business day

Program 2 of 3 Scroll down to see them all.

Updated June 10, 2011
      Copaxone Co-Pay Assistance Program

Insurance Status Must not have public insurance, may have private insurance
      Those with Part D Eligible? No
      Income No limits
      Additional Information:

The company will cover any co-pay costs over $35, up to $500.

Obtaining: No application

Applicant's Action The patient responds to questions over the phone to verify eligibility Decision Communicated Decision made during phone screening

Program 3 of 3. Updated August 10, 2011
      Diplomat's Co-Pay Assistance Navigator Program

Insurance Status Determined case by case Those with Part D Eligible? Not specified
      Income No limits
      Obtaining Doctor/Doctor's office must fax prescription, diagnosis, patient demographics and any insurance information to 810-282-0176 Attn: Paula Brooks/Funding Receiving Patient will be contacted within 24-48 hours Returning
      Doctor's Action Will be discussed with patient and Doctor after request is received
      xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by onlyairfare View Post
        That is great news for you! And you are right - reduced out-of-pocket costs is a big relief.

I don't think it applies to all insurances though, as my co-pay would be $80 per month on my new Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance.

onlyairfare i think they will cover the $45 you pay over $35 up to $500.

since $45 * 12 = $540

you would only have to pay $35 per month plus $40 for the rest of the year. $500 is a big help! Check it out, and thank Tracy for posting this information!
        xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Working...
        X