Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Energy Medications

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, but was wondering if you are using any "energy" medications. My Neuro gave me Provigil. But it is too costly for me and I was hoping there is something else out there.

thanks for your replies

Provigil is supposed to have a generic available in 2012, which is good news for next year.

The other medications prescribed for fatigue are Amantadine, and the ADHD medications Ritalin or Adderal.

Amantadine gave me a subtle boost of energy. Ritalin worked well, but because of the class of drug that it is, I had to pick up a prescription personally every month, and I needed to see the neuro every 3 months. That was a bit of a hassle.

Comment

Hello MSer,

If by "energy" medication you mean medications to treat fatigue then, yes, there are cheaper options.

Medications to treat fatigue are:
      Provigil
      Nuvigil
      Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) medications. Ritalin and Adderall are the least expensive.
      Amantadine

Exercise can also be beneficial to decrease fatigue.

It is important to research these medications, there are negative side effects to stimulants.

Information about MS, Fatigue and treatment:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...gue/index.aspx
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

nuvigil

wht is the max dosage of nuvigil? and please,don't discuss the negative side effects.

Comment

Working...
        X