No announcement yet.

Copaxone Injection Site Reaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be starting Copaxone this week. All I have heard is negative, negative negative about injection site issues, fatigue, and general not feeling well while being on this therapy. Do you all feel the results are worth the negative impact this therapy has had on your life?

Not sure that I will even start at this point.
    Jacque

dxd August 2011 at age of 65

Comment

Originally posted by jacquez View Post
      I will be starting Copaxone this week. All I have heard is negative, negative negative about injection site issues, fatigue, and general not feeling well while being on this therapy. Do you all feel the results are worth the negative impact this therapy has had on your life?

Not sure that I will even start at this point.
      Personally, I have had a great overall experience with Copaxone.
      I've had the lumps, redness, itches and a few rare IPIR (Initial Post Injection Reaction) experiences, BUT I've not had much change on my MRI exams after nearly 15 years.

It's the best treatment I've found for myself.
      Yes, the MS has progressed, but not like I'm certain it would have without Copaxone.
      The side effects lessen over time for many, it just takes many, many months. Give it at least 9-12 months if you can.
      For me, It has saved me 3-4 flares a year.

I have some MS friends who wish they were on Copaxone, but are too far along in the disease to take anything now.

http://www.mscenter.org/images/stori...er09lowres.pdf

Comment

Thank you for the positive response. Also, thank you for the "stick with it a year" tip. All I can do is give it a try.
        Jacque

dxd August 2011 at age of 65

Comment

Injecting in arms

@ Leah27 and Daisy.girl
          I too have had the same problems with hitting muscles in my arm. I have actually stopped injecting my arms at all unless I have no choice. When the nurse came out she told me since my legs were chunky that I could inject in the top of my thigh, bottom of the bum. Hard to explain the area. Its a little more on the outside side of the leg. Typically the area where if as a women you have the fatties there, there is dimples lol. I tend to inject there instead, or utilize the stomach and inject twice there in a week, stomach is the biggest area for injecting. That was advise from SS.

I also get injection sites reactions, I am not sure if anyone injects cold, but don't. That causes the sting really really bad!! I self inject everywhere except the odd time I do my arms. I also use loll when at home to clean the injections site instead of alcohol pads. It saves the skin. If I have to do it anywhere else I will use alcohol tho. If the alcohol hasn't drying, even the baby wipes a little, the injection will sting too. So when you do whip the area, make sure it is dry before injecting.

I have been on it for 2 years now. I love this, the only site effects are the site reactions. That kicks butt compared to flu like symptoms that some of the other meds give. Definitely a good choice!

Comment

Working...
          X