Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cymbalta

Little did I know.

I simply will never recommend this stuff ...ever.

I have MS of course, but I simply don't understand the way neuros prescribe anti depressant meds.

Of course if you are clinically depressed you may well need one of these drugs.

I am not clinically depressed; I have some symptoms with my MS that need treatment. One is my itch, which for lack of a better answer the doc is treating it as if it is neuropathy.

He gave me samples of both Lyrica and Cymbalta. The Cymbalta made me feel totally wiped out. I thought it would pass, but after a couple weeks I decided I do not want to feel 'worse'. It's bad enough for me that I have fatigue as my major symptom of MS. Who would opt for feeling more tired.

Cymbalta does seem to help with my itch (I mean 'did'), but at what expense to the total ME!

I decided to go off it. I probably should go off in a way that decreases the drug, but after reading literally dozens of posts on multiple site of those who quit 'cold turkey' or just slowly decreased the meds, I was stunned. No one said it was easy; most said it was awful and that was across a broad spectrum of users....over months of being on it, or years. Even weeks.

TG I have not been on it a long time as I stopped cold turkey and I want to tell you that it is going to leave you with dizziness, insomnia, nightmares, etc.

I am so glad I haven't been on this long. If you've seen the commercials for this med on t.v. you will recall all the warnings that follow the ad.

For me, I'm going to at least try acupuncture and some of the non traditional treatments. I think it will be important to check out the acupuncturist thoroughly, but if nothing else this experience with Cymbalta has left me better at researching.

When we have MS or any other disease that is making us miserable we often grasp at anything. So sad.

Diane
    You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Me too!

Hi DianeD,

I too went off of it cold turkey, I didn't care what the literature said about weaning off (like over 4 frickin' weeks when I only took it for 2 weeks). Not that I would recommend cold turkey for anybody, but I didn't want that poison in my body any longer, no matter what the withdrawl symptoms.

I did start a thread or 2 about trying it for the third time. Now I know why I quit the first 2 times!!! Talk about a walking zombie with anger issues, wooooo! Surprised my family and friends are still talking to me!
    Nasty drug for me!

Cat
    =^..^= Cat =^..^=

First Major MS Symptoms 2/25/06
    Official MS Diagnosis 4/13/06
    Bifer Babe, Copa Cutie, and finally a Gilenya Goddess

Comment

Working...
    X