Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motrin helping with muscle stiffness

Hi everyone,
    The other day I took some motrin 600mg (which is one pill higher than the recommended dose) to help with an unforgiving migraine. At the same time I was experiencing my usually muscle stiffness/cramps/fatigue (mostly in the legs). After taking the Motrin, in addition to my migraine medicine, I noticed some relief from the muscle stiffness. I know Motrin is an anti-inflammatory and not usually for stiffness, etc.., but has anyone gotten relief from it? If so do you take it daily?
    Thanks,
    Jsox

I do take generic ibuprofen which is Motrin frequently for all kinds of reasons. Works well for my headaches, any muscle pain. Not sure about the stiffness part of muscle spasticity.

I take less of it lately since I have been treated for low vitamin D. Now that my levels are normal, I have less muscle pain overall.

I do worry about daily use as far as it's effect on my stomach. Wondering if Aleve (naproxen) would be a better choice for daily use as the dose is one and it lasts longer.
    Ask your doc what he thinks about daily use of these meds.

Comment

I wouldn't consider taking any NSAID (Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drug) on a regular basis because of the associated cardiovascular risk.

There's a two- to fourfold increase in the risk of heart attack and stroke.

http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/n...vascular-risks

It's a moot point for me personally, though. Ibuprofen doesn't do a thing for my pain, let alone my spasticity. Neither does Aleve.

Comment

Well all I can say is @%*! Naproxen (Aleve) was listed as the one with the safest profile, but still this is bad news for those who get relief from these meds.

Luckily (I guess) I don't have some of the risk factors of high cholesterol or high blood pressure. Not yet.

Comment

Working...
        X