Don't want to ask... But here goes..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't want to ask... But here goes..

I started my 44 dose of Rebif last Monday. Monday night, my stomach started hurting, and I have had diarrhea
    since.. I called my Neuro, and she said that she didnt think this was common and said give it a few days.. well I did and it still has not gone away.

Is this a side effect of the Rebif, or MS?? Its making me crazy.

I feel like I am always complaining on here.. I just am frustrated with all this MS stuff and meds.. I want my old life back

Hartzmom

Your thread was moved to this Medications forum. Maybe other members on Rebif can offer their experience.

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Bowel problem with Rebif

I have been taking Rebif since my diagnosis of RRMS about 5 years ago. I occasionally have an injection site reaction (a bruise) or the "chills" at night but that is about it. My MRIs have been stable and I have had no new lesions.

I have looked at both the Medication Guide and the Prescribing Information for Rebif and nowhere is diarrhea mentioned as a side effect. Of course, that does not mean that the problem you are having isn't related to Rebif. It could be coincidental, also. If the problem does not resolve itself quickly (have you tried Immodium?) and it interferes with your daily activities you should talk to your neurologist about stopping Rebif.

You shouldn't worry about coming to this Forum to vent/complain. If we didn't do that then this site would probably cease to exist. We come here to get information and support. That's what it is all about.

Comment

Thanks Jessiesmom..

I have tried several over the counter meds for it, with no help... i called my neuro, and she prescribed Lomotil. I am taking it today for the first day. i just hate the idea of taking ANOTHER med!! i am going to take it for a week (if it works) and then stop. HOpefully the diarrhea will stay away!

Ive read everywhere, that diarrhea isnt sypmtom of MS or Rebif, just wondered if anyone had experienced it.. I havent eaten anything new, or anything like that.. i was hoping its a side effect, and not something new i have to deal with..

Thanks for your support!! as always, its much appreciated!! I really LOVE this site

Comment

I was on Rebif for more than a year and never experienced any issues with diarrhea because of it.

Now, I *was* on Lomotil before I was on Rebif because I had issues with H. Pylori. A word of caution on Lomotil, that stuff will STOP YOU UP. I sometimes thought it worked a little too well. There were times I was on it and I often pondered which was worse: the diarrhea or the constipation.

Comment

my diarrhea wont stop!! even on the lomotil.

Comment

Hope you feel better

Sounds like you're having a horrible time of it! When I was taking Rebif, I never had a problem with diarrhea but when it's hot, I do. Heat seems to be a trigger for it with me. The Rebif could be just a coincidence but your dr would be the best judge of that.

So - as for advice, drink plenty of liquids so you don't dehydrate. And hopefully it ends soon or I'd call the dr back.
              hugs

Comment

Originally posted by Hartzmom2 View Post
                my diarrhea wont stop!! even on the lomotil.
                Ok, if that's not helping I'd go straight to a gastroenterologist.

Comment

Working...
                X