PREDNISONE - NEED POSITVE ENCOURAGEMENT ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not as bad as you think

You must have swelling do to the polyps. That would be a reason for steroids. The polyps should be removed which is often not a big deal depending on the location.

Your doctor is giving you a dose of steroids that you reduce the amount over 10 days.

The problem with steroids is usually when a person is on them for a long period of time. You can be monitored for any problems.

When I've been on them I have usually felt good, if not when taking them, then shortly thereafter.

One side effect I had is having to urinate more frequently.

This one time will not likely cause you problems, particularly if your doc is aware of steroid controversy and has acted within guidelines.

Yes, long term steroid use can cause weight gain. This short term dose might cause you a bit of weight gain, but it would likely be during the time you take steroids and will not be long term.

Sometimes you have to weigh the benefits against the loss you might have if you didn't take the steroids.

Good Luck, Diane
    You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Working...
    X