Oh Rebif! :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Rebif! :(

I have been dealing with hair loss for quite some time now. It started when I was on Rebif and after speaking to my neurologist, I was put on Copaxone.
    It has been 2 months and the hair loss is still there. I visited a dermatologist and he told me that the Rebif was the one responsible for this problem even though the neurologist doesn't believe so. It has to be the Rebif considering everything else is normal.
    Has anyone suffered from hair loss because of Rebif? If you have, did it ever regrow? If it did, how long did it take? Thank you all for your help. I appreciate it greatly.
    Diagnosed Feb. 2011
    Rebif 3/11-5/11;Copaxone 6/11-10/11;Gilenya 10/11-present

I actually had hair loss from Copaxone when I was on that for a year but no problem with Rebif.
    Dx 4/04
    Copaxone 5/04-3/05
    Rebif 4/05-present

Comment

Rebif giving me the blues:-(

Well I've been on REBIF since January 2010 an have never experienced the problems I'm having now! I did my injection on my left thigh a couple weeks ago and here we are 3 weeks later I'm still having EXTREME burning and I actually have a burn on my skin!!!!!! Told my neuro and of course she doesn't believe its the meds!!!! I'm extremely mad because its very red and very painful!!!!! Is any1 else having a hard time with their injection now? I've been on it a year and a half and was fine til now! The only thing was the burning I have when I inject and the sensitivity of the injection sites. Plz respond.

Comment

Originally posted by oyabbott1580 View Post
        Well I've been on REBIF since January 2010 an have never experienced the problems I'm having now! I did my injection on my left thigh a couple weeks ago and here we are 3 weeks later I'm still having EXTREME burning and I actually have a burn on my skin!!!!!! Told my neuro and of course she doesn't believe its the meds!!!! I'm extremely mad because its very red and very painful!!!!! Is any1 else having a hard time with their injection now? I've been on it a year and a half and was fine til now! The only thing was the burning I have when I inject and the sensitivity of the injection sites. Plz respond.
        My injection sites were always VERY red and painful when I took Rebif. People would even ask me what happened (especially on my arms) I would just say that I had been bitten by a mosquito.
        Diagnosed Feb. 2011

Comment

I quit doing them in my arms because of that.

Comment

Hair loss on head is not there. Yeah, but I am losing body hair. All docs say that nothing is wrong, so I am fine cause I do not have to shave my legs very much.

JudySz

Comment

I have only noticed scalp hair loss for now.
              Diagnosed Feb. 2011

Comment

Rebif Issues

I have been on Rebif for about 5 years now - ever since my diagnosis. I have never had ANY hair loss associated with Rebif.

As far as injection site reactions, mine have been minimal. Sometimes I get a small bruise or a red spot. Nothing is ever raised, hard, long-lasting, or painful.

It would be my suggestion that you contact MS LifeLines and ask to speak to a nurse. The extreme site reactions you seem to be getting are not normal. Perhaps they will have some tips for you. I would be pretty upset with a doctor who dismissed my concerns. If you are especially upset about any side effect you can always report it to the FDA.

I even continued the Rebif for a while when I was undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer. While I cannot say that was the easiest time of my life I was determined to beat both problems into submission. I did.

Comment

Working...
                X