Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried both Tysabri and Gilenya Yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone tried both Tysabri and Gilenya Yet?

Working on making the choice between Ty and Gilenya. I have to be honest that my biggest problem with Ty is the cost. For me Gilenya is a $50 co pay per month, while Ty is going to cost me quite a bit more than that.

Since I'll be heading out on disability and not sure if I'm ever coming back to work I have to consider the finances.

I've read so many of you saying that you start feeling the Ty wear off as you near your next infusion so that's a concern. I've heard some really positive things about Gilenya.

So....has anybody out there already tried both and and can provide a comparison of your experiences???

Thanks!
    Melissa Goerke
    [I]DX 7/2/10, Copaxone then Avonex, started Ty 9/13/11, JCV+ ended Ty 9/13, started Gilenya 12/13 Blood Pressure skyrocketed, started Tecifdera 4/5/14 - fatigue beyond bearable and symptoms became worse. Rituximab 8/8/14.....waiting for the miracle. I WANT MY TYSABRI BACK!!!

Im on gilenya. Check out our who section on it.

Comment

meds

I have been on them all - started out with Beta seron in 1993 and it worked well for 4 years until I started getting attacks every 3 months. Then went to Copaxone with I didn't get any side effects from, but I don't think it did any good either cause I was getting 3 or 4 attacks a year (was on it for at least 6 years as there wasn't anything else yet) Then jumped on Tysabri which worked really well but my doc had a patient that ended up with PML and he pulled off all his patients from it. Now I am on Gilenya for the last 3 months. Seems ok - so far not flares (although with this heat not feeling like I should - not sure if its heat or mini flare coming on). But it sure is nice just popping a pill every evening.

Comment

Working...
      X