Rebif messed up my thyroid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebif messed up my thyroid

I've always had normal thyroid function until this week when I was diagnosed with a problem. Sure enough thyroid problem is a cause of Rebif usage.

I'm so upset and I don't think the rebif is even working. My problems with pain and tingling have done nothing but get worse the past year.

I don't think I should continue a med that is tearing up other parts of my body. Haven't been to neuro since October I have no insurance or job.

I had been DX'd with hypothyroidism for several years and was on the same dosage with no problems. after starting rebif (but I don't know if it was a coincidence or not) I went hyper. My dosage had to be cut down 3X. IT then stabelized again until recently and now I don't have to take any hormone at all. BTW, I haven't been on rebif for several years.
    What if trials of this life
    Are Your mercies in disguise?
    "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

Thanks. I'm having my tsh checked on Friday. You might try copaxone, since you're already doing an SC injection and it has no issues for your thyroid.

Comment

Rebif lists thyroid problems as a possible side affect so don't know that it can be attributed to autoimmune for sure.
        I have been on Rebif for 10 years and I can't see that it has helped at all but I do know I have developed numerous health problems I didn't have before since starting it. Example-heart failure, high blood pressure, autonomic dysfuntion, fainting, osteoporosis to name a few. Coincidence? I often wonder. My neurologist says the rebif isn't working so wants me on tysabri. That is something I will never even consider. I just don't think its proven its worth with the dangers its presents but again that is just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
        X