FINALLY!! DMD's prescribed !?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FINALLY!! DMD's prescribed !?

Hi well my Neuro finally said it was time for DMD's. He put me on Baclofen for the spasticity. How long does it take to work, actually? The info. I got with the med said it can take 2 mo. or more ..

He also ordered Gilenya.. But my Co-Pay is $100 a month!!
    I know that is low considering how much it actually costs,BUT my husband and I are on a very tight budget and that is all we have left to buy groceries each month. Gilenya say's we are to pay at least 125.

Is there any kind of help for MS patients? I applied for foodstamps but was turned down. The Baclofin has already taken $10 out of our $100 food budget.
    Sissy

Keeping you in my prayers. It is bad enough to have this disease but trying to decide to buy groceries or medicine is unbelievable. Seems as if the whole world is struggling.

Comment

Which DMT will you be taking?

Contact the company directly.
      Their 1-800 numbers are on this site and easy to find on the internet.

Ask if you can apply for help.
      Some people pay little or nothing.
      It's a yearly renewal process.

Don't let the companies take all of your money.
      Ask for assistance.
      Stick up for yourselves!!

I've been there, so I know.

I hope others have help.

Comment

Your branch of the MS Society has a lot of programs, including food assistance: http://www.nationalmssociety.org/cha...nce/index.aspx.
        They also have some good information on medication access: http://www.nationalmssociety.org/cha...ces/index.aspx.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Thank You so much for the help sites! I will check it out as soon as my body stops buzzing,burning and 9 kinds of pain!! Have not been able to sleep tonight because of it. I am miserable !!

I tried to look at "Gilenya"site, but you have to be signed in by someone else. Right now I can barely function enough to thank all off you for your posts and help..Please forgive my concussion right now..
          Sissy

Comment

Working...
          X