Increasing Rebif dosage tomorrow...question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Increasing Rebif dosage tomorrow...question

I just finished my first 2 weeks on Rebif at 8.8mcg and tomorrow will be my first 22mcg shot.

I'm just wondering if this is where the side effects really begin...or would that possibly be most likely at 44mcg?

I really haven't had any problems to this point. About 18 hours after my very first shot I had severe dizziness. My neuro told me it might be because I didn't drink enough water and to really sock the water to me. I've been drinking a LOT of water on shot days and haven't had anymore dizzy spells.

I'm glad I've tolerated the drug well so far but am a little nervous going from 8.8 to 22. Seems like a big jump!

I've been on rebif for 5 months, the only side effect I've had was headaches. So I make sure to drink lots of water on shot days and take motrin 1 hour before I get a shot. 44 were no differnt then the 22's. Good luck!

Comment

My Neuro has kept me at the 22mcg level (thankfully) and I hope that's where he'll keep me! I stopped having the side effects long ago, don't premed at all.

I would not be happy if I got put up to 44mcg, as I lack fat, and I get the fluid bump from the 22mcg level. I can't imagine the size of the fluid bump I'd get from the 44mcg!

The side effects I experienced really weren't that bad, but do try to remember to premed!
      MS, it's a brain thang!
      Proud to have served, U.S Army WAC

Comment

Working...
      X