Neurontin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neurontin

My neuro's office wants to put me on this for paroxysmal attacks that I've been having. I'd greatly appreciate a crash course and any experiences.

Thanks a ton.

I only took it twice, but got alot of relief for general pain from spasticity. A friend was prescribed it for a rare nerve pain that he eventually solved with surgery. I really liked neurontin, but it sedated me a little too much. I have had that reaction with other meds too, so it's just me and being extra sensitive to certain drugs.

If my spasticity gets worse I'd go on it again at a lower dose.

Comment

I have been taking 1200mg a day for the last year to help with nerve pain. I have had no side effects and I am pleased with the results.
      Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
      Babe Ruth

Comment

I take 3-300mg 3 times a day and have been happy with it and no side effects, I once stopped taking it because I didn't think it helped found out I was wrong that it was in fact helping, it's just having to 9 pills a day that I don't like

Comment

Some people do have fatigue as a side effect but it will lessen with a little bit of time. Neurontin helps me and I notice it when I don't get a dose in.
          What if trials of this life
          Are Your mercies in disguise?
          "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

I take 300 mg 4x a day, and definately notice if I miss a dose and don't do that often as my body reminds me when it is close to time for another one. It really, really helps me with my nerve pain. I honestly think I may be a basketcase without it. I could not concentrate or focus on anything before I was on gabapentin and now on good days I can function relatively well. Bad days are still really bad - even on the dose I am on.
            Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
            ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

I was on 1200 mg a day and found myself waaaaay too tired to function. It wasn't doing much for my pain but it was helping my numbness.. I stopped taking it because having feeling in my hands wasn't as important as being able to stay awake more than 5 hours a day.
              I choose to live and to grow, take and give and to move, learn and love and to cry, kill and die and to be paranoid and to lie, hate and fear and to do what it takes to move through.

Comment

Working...
              X